Brigadoon Restaurant - Job Details
Posted: Jan 25, 2024
Expires: Feb 29, 2024
Brigadoon Restaurant in Oxford Mills provides a fine dining experience in one of Ontario's finest heritage buildings.
We offer lunch, dinner, Sunday roast lunch, afternoon tea and many themed evenings.
Looking for part-time Servers to join our team. Must be flexible to work all shifts assigned, including afternoons, evenings, weekends and holidays.
Are you a charismatic person with great customer service skills? Can you think fast on your feet and anticipate diner's needs?
- Prepares dining room for service
- Protects establishment and patrons by adhering to sanitation, safety, and alcohol beverage control policies.
- Helps patrons select food and beverages by presenting menu; offering cocktails and appetizers; suggesting courses; explaining the chef’s specialties; identifying appropriate wines; answering food preparation questions.
- Transmits orders to bar and kitchen by recording patrons’ choices; identifying patrons’ special dietary needs and special requests.
- Keeps kitchen staff informed by noting timing of meal progression.
- Serves orders by picking up and delivering patrons’ choices from bar and kitchen; delivering accompaniments and condiments.
- Maintains table setting by removing courses as completed; replenishing utensils; refilling water glasses being alert to patron spills or other special needs.
Server Skills and Qualifications:
Smart Serve required before first shift.
General Math Skills, Verbal Communication, Customer Service, Resolving Conflict, Teamwork, Persistence, Energy Level, Selling to Customer Needs, Thoroughness, Professionalism and Client Relationships
Adhere to standards of the establishment
Ability to work under pressure and take initiative in a fast-paced environment
Positive attitude and a willingness to learn
Strong team player, able to follow directions
Part-time 15-20 hours per week
Experience preferred but not mandatory –will train the right person!
Apply in person at the restaurant: Ask for Cheryl or Stephanie
For assistance applying to this position, or for any other job search related needs, please contact CSE in Kemptville at 613-258-6576 or in Prescott at 613-925-0222.