Steris - Job Details
Posted: Nov 21, 2023
Expires: Jan 02, 2024
At STERIS Applied Sterilization Technologies, we are one team with one goal: to put our CUSTOMERS FIRST - ALWAYS. We support medical device and pharmaceutical manufacturing through a global offering of contract sterilization and laboratory testing services, and integrated equipment and control systems. We understand our role in ensuring the safety of those who use these products, including our families, our friends, and even ourselves.
The Manufacturing Specialist is responsible for manufacturing specialized parts for sterilization equipment and conveyor systems according to schematics and design instructions. The Manufacturing Specialist runs a lathe and CNC mill to complete the manufacturing responsibilities. Once parts are created, the Specialist tests the parts and determines if changes are needed. In addition, the Specialist sets up conveyors and other responsibilities held by the team. Contributing to the shipping process of a system once it is completed is expected. At times, this role will include helping other team members in shipping, receiving, unloading trucks, and some electrical work, therefore, teamwork is essential. Experience in the mechanical and machinist field is required.
What you will do for us:
Operational Excellence (10%)
- Contributes to a team effort by performing in accordance with all STERIS policies, GMP, Lean principles and other directives; supports the directives and decisions of higher-level management and performs other duties as assigned.
People Leadership (10%)
- Oversees the work processes and project completion of new hires. Provides insight and shares expert knowledge to further train and shape them into capable, qualified technicians.
Delivering Results (45%)
- Operates the lathe and CNC mill to manufacture specialty parts for sterilization equipment and conveyor systems according to schematics and design instructions. Tests parts to ensure they meet requirements.
- Inspects, repairs, and performs maintenance on industrial machinery and equipment.
a. Analyzes products and systems for quality improvements.
- Provides suggestions to improve production procedures and processes.
- Contributes to the overall success of the team by setting up conveyors, assisting with shipping and receiving, welding, and performing electrical work to support the team.
a. Collaborates with team members to increase cohesivity amongst work.
Education and other requirements
- Must have an associate degree.
- At least 2 years of experience in a manufacturing background
- Fluent in English – Reading & writing.
- Even though the job is based out of our Brockville facility, the candidate will be required to travel between our Stitsville and Kanata campus as required.
- Must have a valid Canadian passport as there is a 5% possibility of travelling to our international customer sites.
- Must have a valid Canadian Driver’s license and a reliable means of transportation.
Skills and Competencies
Experience running a lathe and CNC mill.
Knowledge of manufacturing processes and procedures.
Knowledge of metrology, mechanical, and machinist fields.
Skill to operate a lathe and a CNC mill to manufacture parts.
Skill to use electro-mechanical tools.
Skill to read schematics and design instructions.
Skills in verbal communication.
Skills in time and project management.
Skills in mentoring.Skills in teamwork.
Skills in hand-eye coordination.
Skills in attention to detail.
Ability to assist the team as needed.
Ability to train individuals in all processes.
Ability to operate and maintain industrial machinery.
Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
Ability to multitask.
Ability to be adaptable and flexible.
Reasons you’ll love working here:
This is an opportunity to join a company that will invest in you for the long-term. STERIS wouldn’t be where it is today without our incredible people, who take true pride in their work. That’s why we share in our success together by rewarding employees for their hard work. We do this by providing competitive base salary plus bonus (as applicable), comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, paid PTO and public holidays, RRSP with company match.
For assistance applying to this position, or for any other job search related needs, please contact CSE in Kemptville at 613-258-6576 or in Prescott at 613-925-0222.