Nurse Next Door-I Get to Age Happier Inc. - Job Details
Posted: Sep 19, 2023
Expires: Oct 31, 2023
Personal Support Worker (PSW)
Nurse Next Door Home Care Services are coming to our communities in Renfrew, Perth, Embrun, North Grenville, Merrickville and surrounding areas to help make lives better through happier aging!
Do you want to make lives better and have the ability to drive your career?
Do you love working with seniors?
Nurse Next Door has the perfect opportunity for you!
Nurse Next Door is dedicated to delivering flexible, premium care options to help seniors stay at home, because we know home is the safest place to be. We are not just another home care company fulfilling daily tasks. We are a company that admires people and seeks to make a difference in everything we do.
As a member of the Nurse Next Door team, you understand how to hustle with heart - this is essential! You enjoy working collaboratively but with a high degree of autonomy and thrive by seeing results. You are a self-led leader who takes responsibility for your own actions. You show care by engaging in intentional, compassionate conversations to help others achieve their fullest potential. You are inspired by the idea of being involved with an organization that is changing the way we deliver home care through our happier aging philosophy.
As a Nurse Next Door Caregiver, you are passionate about making lives better and:
Always put clients first
Have a warm and caring heart
Think of creative solutions and always find a better way
Follow through with commitments and build great relationships
Go above and beyond (even when no one is looking!)
We make lives better every day for our team members through our People Promise.
As a Nurse Next Door employee, you receive:
24/7 support centre to assist with scheduling related questions
24/7 assistance related to your client’s care
On-boarding and training: eLearning, shadow shifts, mentoring
Caregiving as a career: growth and development opportunities are awarded to support our team in achieving your professional goals and dreams
You will have the chance to grow with us in this exciting dynamic startup environment, supported by strong franchise support and proven systems. As time progresses, so do the opportunities for advancement, additional benefits and enticing perks.
- Opportunity to grow into a leadership role and become a Care Designer/Coordinator
- Further develop your skills with professional development
- Referral bonuses
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provide meal preparation, light housekeeping and/or provide companionship and personal care.
- Happier aging is at the heart of what we do — enabling seniors to live at home as long as possible, doing what they love to do.
- Execute the client’s care plan as outlined by the Care Designer.
- Help clients with their ADL's (Activities of Daily Living) that is within the scope of practice for a Registered Health Care Aide.
- Assist clients with transfers, ambulation and exercises.
- Meet the safety needs of the client and use equipment safely and properly.
- Function within the limits of your own experience and knowledge, while practicing safely and competently within the job description.
- Complete records and documentation accurately and thoroughly.
- Attendance & reliability
- AMS - Attendance Monitoring System (AlayaCare)
- Net Promoter Score
- Must have valid certificate for PSW, DSW, HCA or foreign trained nurse
- Access to a Vehicle/Valid driver’s license required and must be willing to travel to remote locations
- Criminal Record Check/Vulnerable Screening Sector (less than 1 year old)
- Negative TB skin test or chest x ray (less than 2 years old)
- 2 professional references
- At least 2 approved COVID-19 vaccines
Resume and cover letter can be emailed to Sara Paquin: Sara.firstname.lastname@example.org
Please put location in the subject line
For assistance with job search and application preparation, unemployed individuals are invited to register with CSE Consulting. For more information about the benefits of registering with CSE, please contact us in Kemptville at 613-258-6576 or in Prescott at 613-925-0222.