Lactalis Winchester - Job Details
Posted: Oct 18, 2022
Expires: Nov 30, 2022
Lactalis is one of Canada’s leading producers of premium quality food products including milk, cheese and yogurt. We are currently recruiting for a Separator Operator to join our processing department in our production facility in Winchester, Ontario which produces butter, cheese, powder, and margarine.
Position: General Labour - Part-time
Shift: 8-hour shifts
The ideal candidate will be part of a team working as a General Labourer to assist in different areas of the plant that involve organizing, cleaning, and working on manufacturing/assembly lines.
Duties & Responsibilities Include:
- Cleaning and organizing areas within the plant as required
- Fulfilling duties assigned in compliance with OHSA
- Adhere to safe work practices, follow GMPs, Health & Safety, Food Safety & Environmental Standards
- Supporting shipping and receiving operations as needed
- Working on manufacturing/assembly lines in different stations as required
- Other duties as assigned
Key Attributes of the Ideal Candidate:
- Completion of secondary school (OSSD or equivalent)
- Ability to quickly identify and take action in a safe manner
- Ability to safely lift up to 50lbs
- Ability to stand for long periods of time including bending, twisting and walking
- Previous experience in manufacturing, particularly in food industry, is an asset
- Must be available to workdays, nights and weekends
Lactalis is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the principles of diversity and employment equity. Lactalis strives to ensure that our workforce reflects the diverse nature of Canadian society.
Lactalis is also committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to a job opportunity or testing, you should advise the member of the Talent Acquisition team in a timely fashion of any disabilities that requires accommodation measures in order to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.
Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Job Types: Part-Time
Salary: $20.42 per hour
For assistance with job search and application preparation, unemployed individuals are invited to register with CSE Consulting. For more information about the benefits of registering with CSE, please contact us in Kemptville at 613-258-6576 or in Prescott at 613-925-0222.