Employment and Education Centre - Job Details
Posted: Sep 21, 2022
Expires: Oct 08, 2022
GerrAudio is searching for a competent Bilingual Inside Sales & Customer Service Representative to join the team in Brockville, Ontario.
This position will work closely with the VP of Sales, VP of Marketing & Operations and internal sales and support teams to ensure all sales coordinating activities are executed in a timely and accurate manor. This position will also assist with some of the company’s marketing initiatives.
The ideal candidate is exceptionally organized and has experience working in a customer service and support role. The ideal candidate possesses excellent time management skills and has a willingness to gradually learn a technical industry to maintain GerrAudio’s strong reputation for delivering above-average service and goodwill within the professional audio industry.
- Totally bilingual – English and French
- Proven customer support experience or experience as a customer service representative
- Highly organized with exceptional time management skills; ability to prioritize and juggle multiple projects simultaneously
- Effective communicator; ability to interact with customers/suppliers on the phone or via detailed, precise e-mails
- Familiar with CRM systems and practices; computer literate with Mac and Microsoft applications
- Customer-oriented and ability to adapt/respond to different types of personalities
*Bonus: experience organizing tradeshows or regional events, marketing experience, digital advertising experience
- Provide accurate quotations – verbal and formal
- Process & verify sales orders for pricing inaccuracies; send confirmations to dealers with ETAs and any corrections.
- Send in Purchase Orders to fill customer orders and maintain regular inventory
- Manage and control back-orders
- Be aware of client timelines and deadlines
- Be proactive in solving problems and coming up with solutions
- Order finished products, parts and components
- Provide support to warehouse operations, as required
- Respond to phone and email enquiries
- Proactive communication when required with customers
- Provide information regarding product specifications, price, availability, warranty and delivery
- Confirm receipt of client purchase orders; inform client of delivery time and/or delays and send tracking information once order has shipped
- Consultation with, and co-ordination of, information to other employees, especially those in the regional offices, and external customer, suppliers, and service providers as required to meet customers’ needs
- Answer all telephone calls and emails professionally, forward inquiries and messages to the appropriate internal and external persons
- Order literature, business cards, and office/warehouse materials as needed
- Update trade show schedule yearly; develop and complete trade show check list; support and assist in preparation for and at trade shows, as required
- Assist with Marketing initiatives; assist with collection and creation of company monthly e-newsletter; digital and print marketing assets; branded ‘swag’ ordering and organization, outgoing social media and email marketing campaigns
- Assist with regional training events or large demonstrations; coordinate invitations, follow-up communications, etc.
- In general, be willing to help out any other employee or function experiencing a heavy workload
- Make travel arrangements and bookings as required
- Keep desk area organized, filing up to date & perform other duties as assigned.
- General housekeeping of the office, kitchen dishes, etc.
OTHER GENERAL ADMINISTRATION
- Adopt general operational ability and knowledge sharing with all internal departments (basic training will be provided on all job duties)
- High School graduate who has taken Community College courses in Office Administration, Sales or Marketing or Equivalent Work Experience.
- An interest in Theatre Production, Mechanical or Electronic Technology will assist in gaining a thorough technical knowledge of the company’s products.
- 2+ years of experience in a customer service / inside sales support position, preferably in a smaller, technically orientated distributor, customer sensitive operation.
- Totally bilingual in both English and French.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills with the ability to listen and communicate (written & verbally) effectively.
- Developed time management and organizational skills, ability to set priorities, meet established deadlines, be proactive, make decisions and solve customer’s problems and disputes.
- Able to be flexible, multi-task and work independently while being cooperative and supportive as a member of a small team. A go-to, get things done type of energetic individual.
- Computer literate in an office environment using software applications, including spreadsheets, MSWord and Email.
- Valid Class G Ontario Driver’s Licence that is maintain it in good standing, to drive the company’s van, while not negatively impacting our automobile insurance premiums and a personal vehicle, which can be used for business, use from time to time, is considered an asset.
- Bondable and/or able to produce/secure a Police Record Search Certificate.
- Ownership of or ability to obtain a valid Canadian Passport and to travel freely into the USA.
Competitive Salary and Accommodative employer – May be opportunities to work remote for the right candidate
Salary: $45,000-$48,000 per year
NOTE: The foregoing is intended to outline the general description of duties and responsibilities for this position. It is not intended nor should it be interpreted as a complete description. GerrAudio Distribution Inc. reserves the right to amend this position description at any time provided that such change does not represent a substantive change in the purpose or essential nature of the position.
WHO ARE WE?
GerrAudio Distribution has serviced the Canadian professional audio market for over forty years. The company represents top tier audio and communications equipment manufactures based out of the UK, Europe and the USA, and provides first class sales support and after-sales service to its diverse customer base across Canada. GerrAudio’s customers include, but are not limited to, national broadcasters, education and government institutions, performing arts centers, houses of worship, corporate and industrial firms, and live production and equipment rental shops. If you have ever been to a Cirque de Soleil or Broadway show, or perhaps a live performance at your local Canadian theatre or favourite music festival, you have likely experienced some of the products GerrAudio stands behind – and not even know it! Whether it’s loudspeakers, intercom solutions, digital mixing consoles, studio-grade microphones or one of the other specialty products GerrAudio represents, the company and its staff take a personalized approach to every situation and enjoy collaborating with technical end users, consultants, integrators and artists in order to create a design that meets the technological and artistic goals of the entire production team.
Please e mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
For assistance with job search and application preparation, unemployed individuals are invited to register with CSE Consulting. For more information about the benefits of registering with CSE, please contact us in Kemptville at 613-258-6576 or in Prescott at 613-925-0222.