Victim Services of Leeds & Grenville - Job Details
Posted: Sep 14, 2022
Expires: Dec 31, 2022
Casual/On-Call Crisis Response Team Leader
Victim Services of Leeds & Grenville
Position: Casual/On-Call Crisis Response Team Leader
Job Status: Casual/On-Call Crisis Response Team Leaders provide on-call emergency response coverage on an as needed basis for a 24/7Crisis Response Schedule. Team Leaders provide their availability to be on-call for Day Shifts (8am-5pm) and/or Night Shifts (5pm-8am) during the week and at Weekends: 8am-8pm and 8pm-8am.
Rate of Pay: Casual/On-Call Crisis Response Team Leader are paid for 3 hours for every shift worked at a rate of $15/hour. 4% vacation pay is also provided on each pay. Pay schedule is the 1st and 15th of the month.
The role of the On-Call Crisis Response Team Leader is to be available and respond to emergency requests for assistance from full time staff and / or respond to the emergency phone line as requested. The Team Leader will provide leadership and direction on all emergency incidents that s/he is dispatched to. They will also complete required reports and liaison with the Emergency Services Supervisor as well as emergency service providers on scene. The position requires a high level of commitment, responsibility, and leadership.
The After-Hours Emergency Response Supervisor is supervised by the Emergency Services Manager.
Education and Qualifications:
• Consent to a Criminal Background Check including a Vulnerable Person Check
• Ability to maintain strict confidentiality (Oath of Confidentiality to be signed)
• Valid Driver’s License and access to a reliable vehicle; willingness to travel within the catchment area (Leeds & Grenville)
• Relevant post secondary education and / or experience with victims of crime is an asset.
• Completion of the Victim Services Volunteer and Team Leader training required (will be provided)
• An ability to deal with high stress and crisis incidents in a calm and soothing manner.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to maintain good working relationships with police, volunteers, staff and other social services providers
• Excellent decision making, organizational and communication skills
• Conscientious in completing all necessary documentation
• Ability to provide non-judgmental, sensitive, emotionally safe services related to volunteers and victims
• High level of commitment and responsibility
• Respond to all requests for crisis assistance/service; coordinate crisis response while liaising with Emergency Supervisor, police and/or other emergency services.
• Arrange a meeting place between the two Responders.
• Maintain regular contact with the Emergency Response Supervisor during the call and ensure all safety protocol are followed on scene.
• Inform your supervisor of any important information or threatening behaviour that must be brought to their attention (i.e. safety concerns or important details of call)
• Consult with your supervisor if any unusual, difficult, or emergency situation/circumstance arises that requires their immediate attention.
• Request permission of all clients for follow up calls by full-time staff to determine next steps and / or provide a check in that all needs were met.
• Debrief as needed with Volunteer Crisis Responders at the end of the call.
• Gather necessary information to complete Team Leader reports
• Ensure all alleged child abuse cases that are suspected by Crisis Responders on scene are reported immediately to the Executive Director.
• Participate in staff meetings as requested for review and updates of the programs, services, policies, and procedures and attend relevant training opportunities.
• Provide feedback to supervisor on challenges within the program or service delivery response.
• Send any relevant information to office for all follow-ups, non-urgent responses, referrals and requests for further information.
Interested candidates can forward a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org marked to the attention of Laura Rawas, Emergency Services Manager.
For assistance with job search and application preparation, unemployed individuals are invited to register with CSE Consulting. For more information about the benefits of registering with CSE, please contact us in Kemptville at 613-258-6576 or in Prescott at 613-925-0222.