Victim Services of Leeds & Grenville - Job Details
Posted: Sep 14, 2022
Expires: Nov 30, 2022
After Hours Emergency Response Supervisor
Victim Services of Leeds & Grenville
Position: After Hours Emergency Response Supervisor
Job Status: The After Hours Emergency Response Supervisor works evenings and overnights from Friday at 5pm to 8am the following Friday. They work on a one week on, one week off rotation.
Rate of Pay: The Emergency Response Supervisor is a salaried position based on a flat rate of 3 hours of on call per shift. $443.62 each pay schedule which is the 1st and 15th of the month.
The role of the After-Hours Emergency Response Supervisor is to answer the pager after office hours and on weekends to respond to police/emergency services requests for immediate crisis assistance. The After-Hours Emergency Response Supervisor will dispatch a team of two Volunteer Crisis Responders and / or staff and offer support and guidance while monitoring the call. The position requires a high level of commitment, responsibility, and leadership.
The After-Hours Emergency Response Supervisor is supervised by the Emergency Services Manager.
Education and Qualifications:
• Consent to a Criminal Background Check including a Vulnerable Person Check
• Ability to maintain strict confidentiality (Oath of Confidentiality to be signed)
• Valid Driver’s License and access to a reliable vehicle; willingness to travel within the catchment area (Leeds & Grenville Counties)
• Degree or Diploma in the Social Services or related field preferred
• Experience in social services and victim issues
• Completion of the Victim Services Crisis Responder volunteer training
• Knowledge of community resources
• Energetic individual who possesses the ability to deal with high stress and crisis
incidents in a calm and soothing manner
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to maintain good working relationships with
police, volunteers, staff, and other social services providers
• Excellent decision making, organizational and communication skills
• Conscientious in completing all necessary documentation
• Ability to provide non-judgmental, sensitive, emotionally safe services related to
volunteers and victims
• High level of commitment and responsibility
Crisis Response Management
• Provide on-call pager response coverage on a rotational basis (every second week)
during office closure hours as follows:
-Weekday coverage beginning at 5:00pm through to 8:00am Monday to Friday
-Weekend coverage beginning on Friday at 5:00pm through to 8:00am the following
-There may be times when you might be required to provide coverage during
statutory holidays from 7:00am to 7:00am the following workday.
• Respond to all requests for crisis assistance/service from police and other
emergency services; coordinate crisis response while liaising with police and/or
• Affirm that the request for assistance is within the Victim Services mandate and that
Volunteer Crisis Responders are sent to a safe location as per policy
• Dispatch a team of two people (Volunteer Crisis Responders and / or staff / Team
Leaders) to attend on-scene
• Assist with arranging a meeting place between the two Responders if required
• Dispatch Volunteer Crisis Responders from the back-up list if required
• Attend on-scene if staff presence is required and / or if there are not enough
volunteer responders and / or Team Leaders to attend
• Maintain regular contact with the Responders during the call; ensure that all Crisis
Responders follow regular check-in procedures; ensure that Responders arrive on
scene and leave the scene safely
• Inform police of any important information or threatening behaviour that must be
brought to their attention (i.e. safety concerns or important details of call)
• Consult with the Program Manager or Executive Director if any unusual, difficult or
emergency situation/circumstance arises that requires their immediate attention.
• Debrief with Crisis Responders at the end of the call once they have arrived home
• Gather necessary information from the Responders to complete staff reports and
provide follow up as required.
• Ensure all alleged child abuse cases that are suspected by Crisis Responders on scene are reported immediately to the Children’s Aid Society and that information is forwarded to the Program Manager and the Executive Director; support Crisis Responders in the process
• Report any suspected or confirmed Homicide incidents to the Executive Director or when absent the Program Coordinator immediately
• Participate in staff meetings for review and updates of the programs, services, policies and procedures and attend relevant training opportunities
• Have a copy of and be familiar with all policy and procedure manuals and disaster plans.
• Provide feedback to the Program Manager and/or other Victim Services staff members on challenges within the program or service delivery response
• Inform the Program Manager if any problems are encountered by police officers or other agency personnel regarding the service
• Submit any relevant information to office for all follow-ups, non-urgent responses prior to the end of your shift.
• Complete serious occurrence reports as required
Interested candidates can submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org marked to the attention of Laura Rawas, Emergency Services Manager.
For assistance with job search and application preparation, unemployed individuals are invited to register with CSE Consulting. For more information about the benefits of registering with CSE, please contact us in Kemptville at 613-258-6576 or in Prescott at 613-925-0222.