G. Tackaberry & Sons Construction Co. Ltd. - Job Details
Posted: Sep 07, 2022
Expires: Oct 31, 2022
Environmental Compliance Coordinator
Tackaberry Construction is a local, family run business, serving eastern Ontario since 1957, offering competitive wages and group benefits. We currently have an immediate opening for an Environmental Compliance Coordinator. This is a full-time position based at our Athens Location.
· Post-secondary degree or diploma in Environmental Engineering or Environmental Science preferred.
· Minimum 5 years related environmental experience preferably in mining and/or construction
· Demonstrated success in project delivery and execution of project management methods
· Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and a strong safety ethic.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office.
· Familiar with the Aggregate Resources Act, pertinent sections of the Canadian Environmental Protection Act, Ontario Planning Act and Ontario Water Quality Objectives
· Experience creating and delivering presentations in public and private environments
· Be able to support minor and major site plan amendments, assist in the development of mining plans, coordinate site rehabilitation activities.
· Be able to support new aggregate site/licence initiatives as well as pit and quarry expansion and deepening efforts.
· Ensure compliance with relevant Health & Safety protocols and ensure adherence to company policies and procedures.
· Support productive relationships with MNRF, MOECP, Municipalities, Conservation Authorities, and the general public.
· Support commitments relating to MOECP Permits to Take Water, MOECP Certificates of Approval, MNRF Compliance Assessment Reporting, Hazardous Waste Information Network and the National Pollutant Release Inventory. Accurately complete daily logs, monthly database entry and annual reporting relating to air monitoring, acoustic monitoring, open ditch & pond water sampling, water volumes and well level recordings.
· Liaison with consulting engineers in the realms of Hydro Geology, Archeology, Acoustics, Municipal Zoning, Traffic Impacts, Blasting Impacts, Ecology etc.
· Support endangered species programs.
· Support Imported Fill Management Plans and function as a Qualified Person with respect to imported fill.
· Other unrelated duties may be assigned as necessary.
· Please note – This position involves a significant amount of field work.
· Valid Class G licence required.
Please submit your resume before October 31st, 2022 to:email@example.com
G. Tackaberry & Sons is an equal opportunity employer. We wish to thank all who apply for this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
For assistance with job search and application preparation, unemployed individuals are invited to register with CSE Consulting. For more information about the benefits of registering with CSE, please contact us in Kemptville at 613-258-6576 or in Prescott at 613-925-0222.