United Counties of Leeds and Grenville - Job Details
Posted: Jul 26, 2021
Expires: Aug 09, 2021
THE UNITED COUNTIES OF LEEDS AND GRENVILLE
Administration Division invites applications for the position of: Digital Services Squad – Team Member
Temporary Full Time (up to February 28, 2022)
Start Date: ASAP
Hourly Rate: $19.92/hour
Location: Brockville, Ontario
The United Counties of Leeds and Grenville is currently seeking outgoing, enthusiastic, qualified candidates for the position of Digital Service Squad – Team Member. As a member of the Digital Service Squad (DSS), you will be a key contributor to the success of the Ontario-wide Digital Main Street program and the growth of the local digital economy.
Reporting to the Economic Development Manager, the Digital Service Squad - Team Member will assist small businesses located within the United Counties of Leeds and Grenville with increasing their online and digital presence. This may include:
- Enhancing existing websites;
- Building a basic online presence;
- Creating content for websites and/or social media;
- Activating online tools such as Google My Business, Social Media, e-commerce shops, etc.
Local health conditions allowing, the DSS Team Member is assigned to areas across the project region and will be required to independently travel to and visit/service local businesses. Otherwise, particularly under COVID-19 conditions, the DSS Team Member will be assigned to work remotely with local businesses.
- University or college education with a preference given to candidates enrolled in a degree/diploma program in Business, Marketing, Economic Development and/or Online and Digital Technology, Web Development and Marketing.
- Current relevant experience considered an asset.
- Time management and organization skills
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Sound judgment and ability in handling matters of a confidential and/or sensitive nature as it relates to senior business executives
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building/management skills
- Advanced use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Outlook), CRM system
- A valid driver’s license and use of a vehicle is required.
- Ability to work in a team environment, accept and follow verbal and written instructions, and complete duties to an acceptable level of quantity and quality with minimal supervision
- Ability to attend various events and workshops as required
- Must be motivated, hardworking individual
- Proven initiative and attention to detail
- Experience in a sales role and/or marketing environment considered an asset
- Previous experience working with small businesses is considered an asset
- Be familiar with digital technologies for small business (e.g., web, social media, e-commerce, etc.)
- Strong and proven background in business planning, sales, marketing
- Knowledge of the United Counties of Leeds and Grenville
Summary of Position Responsibilities:
Tasks include, but are not limited to the following:
1. On-boarding Assistance
- Conduct pre-business visit research to best understand businesses and their current online presence.
- Setup appointments and/or go door-to-door to onboard main street small businesses to the Digital Main Street platform.
- Walk-through the on-boarding survey with the business owner and use appreciative inquiry methods to best understand their business goals and how digital tools/technology can assist them in meeting their goals.
- Assist the business in staying in touch with Digital Main Street by subscribing to the e-newsletter and social channels.
2. Advisory Services
- Walk through the Digital Assessment and recommendations with the business owner.
- Assist the business owner in identifying their first priorities and the first digital tools/technology they want to activate.
- Review vendor recommendations made through the platform and lead the business owner to relevant deals/discounts on the platform.
3. Activation/Implementation Services
- Activate and implement free, easy-to-use digital tools and technologies that businesses would like to use (i.e., building a basic website, activating social media accounts, etc.).
- Provide some resources (articles, links, how-to guides, webinars) available through secondary sources that can help the business owner learn more about a particular tool that has been activated, or subject matter of interest.
4. Reporting and Feedback
- Complete field notes and report on a weekly basis to the Digital Service Squad Administrator.
- Attend team meetings as set out by the DSS Administrator.
- Ensure all data is entered on time and accurately within the Digital Main Street CRM (HubSpot).
5. Special Projects
- Lead the implementation of special projects and/or community-wide initiatives
- Work with DSS Administrator to ensure successful activation of initiatives and increased Digital Main Street engagement.
- Help business owners develop their Digital Transformation Plan needed to apply for the Digital Transformation Grant and can subsequently help to implement the plan if approved for the Grant.
6. Social Media Development
- Working under the lead of the DSS Program Manager, team members may be responsible for assisting in the growth of DMS social media channels, as well as curating content and photos to be used accordingly.
- This includes, but is not limited to: curating multiple social media posts every week, coming up with new ways to engage our audience on social, and helping with social media development at DMS events as needed.
7. Other related duties, as requested or required.
- Performs the responsibilities of the position within the legislative and regulatory standards set out in the applicable Federal and Provincial Legislation; Municipal Acts, By-Laws and Operational and Human Resource policies and codes of the United Counties of Leeds and Grenville.
- Ensures a high level of respect for confidentiality for both the organization as a whole and staff as per the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (MFIPPA).
- Protects own health and health and safety of others by adopting safe work practices, reporting unsafe conditions immediately, and attending all relevant in-services regarding occupational health and safety. Follows all guidelines for employees and employers as legislated under the Ontario Health and Safety Act.
- As set out in the United Counties of Leeds and Grenville’s Emergency Plan, perform duties upon the declaration of an emergency.
The foregoing job description reflects the general duties necessary to describe the principal functions of the position and shall not be construed to be all of the work requirements that may be inherent in this classification.
Resumes should be marked “Competition # ADM-21-120 (Digital Services Squad, TFT)” and apply online by 4:00 p.m. on /before Monday, August 9, 2021 at 4:00 p.m. to: https://careers.leedsgrenville.com
Applicant information is collected under the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (MFIPPA), and will only be used for candidate selection.
The United Counties of Leeds and Grenville is committed to providing a recruitment and selection process that is both inclusive and free from barriers. Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available upon request, and will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
Applicants are required, in advance, to make any accommodation request known to Human Resources by contacting the department at 1-800-770-2170 extension 2308 or TTY 1-800-539-8685. Human Resources will strive to provide reasonable and appropriate accommodation for all applicants, during the recruitment and selection process, which will ensure the process, is conducted in a fair and equitable manner.
For assistance with job search and application preparation, unemployed individuals are invited to register with CSE Consulting. For more information about the benefits of registering with CSE, please contact us in Kemptville at 613-258-6576 or in Prescott at 613-925-0222.