More Than Just Babysitting Child Care Centre Inc. - Job Details
Posted: Jun 09, 2021
Expires: Jun 18, 2021
MORE THAN JUST BABYSITTING Child Care Centre Inc., Prescott (Maynard) location, is seeking RECE staff. Applicants must have up-to-date immunizations and current CPIC or letters of reference if under 19 years of age; Early Childhood Educators (ECE) must be registered with the College of ECE. . Candidates who are graduates or students of the CYC, SSW or DSW programs will be considered. Candidates who are currently enrolled in the online ECE program or who are considering enrolling will be considered. This position will begin as soon as possible.
- Provide care and guidance to all age groups under the supervision of early childhood educators
- Lead children in activities to stimulate and develop their intellectual, physical and emotional growth
- Conduct and monitor activity programs designed for young children
- Lead children in activities by telling stories, teaching songs and preparing craft materials
- Prepare and serve snacks
- Arrange rooms and furniture for lunch and rest periods
- Assist with proper eating, dressing and toilet habits
- Attend staff meetings to discuss progress and problems of children
- Assist supervisor in keeping records
- Maintain child care equipment and assist in housekeeping duties.
Early Childhood Educators require the following skills and abilities:
- enjoy spending time with children and looking after their physical, educational and emotional needs
- ability to speak clearly, inspire trust and confidence and motivate students
- be able to model appropriate behaviour and language and to practice proper hygiene
- ability to deal creatively and effectively with problems
- ability to use different teaching methods
- ability to take responsibility
- good organizational skills
- ability to work cooperatively with other teachers, support staff, and parents
- ability to be patient and kind, but firm when necessary
- Someone who has not yet completed their training as an early childhood educator or who is an untrained child care worker is called a Child Care Assistant (CCA)
- The Child Care Early Years Act outlines the ratio of trained to untrained workers, the ratio of children per worker and other regulations.
- All child care staff must complete the Standard First Aid course that includes CPR training.
- All prospective staff must submit to a child abuse registry and a criminal activity record check and receive clearance before starting work
- Knowledge of the "How does learning happen" document an asset
Terms & Conditions: Our child care centres operate from 6:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday. Staff work schedules are determined by a number of factors including the number of children in care, their ages, and the duration of time they need care. The majority of care givers in this environment have full time scheduled hours. Some programs operate before and after school to accommodate school aged children. Child care can be physically taxing, as care givers constantly stand, walk, bend, stoop, and lift to attend to the children in their care. They must always be mentally alert to keep children safe, to deal effectively with disruptive children, and provide fair but firm discipline. Constant supervision is essential, whether the children are indoors, outside or on an excursion.
Wage Rate: $18.00 - $19.25 depending on qualifications
Summer position which may extend into the fall.
Start date June 25, 2021
Please email resumes to: email@example.com
For assistance with job search and application preparation, unemployed individuals are invited to register with CSE Consulting. For more information about the benefits of registering with CSE, please contact us in Kemptville at 613-258-6576 or in Prescott at 613-925-0222.