United Counties of Leeds and Grenville - Job Details
Posted: Jun 09, 2021
Expires: Jun 21, 2021
THE UNIITED COUNTIES OF LEEDS AND GRENVIILLE Community and Social Services Division invites applications for the position of: CASE MANAGER Integrated Program Delivery Department.
Start Date: ASAP End Date: Minimum 6 months – Maximum 24 months
Salary (2021 - Grid 7 rate): $30.32 – $36.11/hr.
Please note: This position is part of the OPSEU Local 494 bargaining unit
Reporting directly to the Program Supervisor and indirectly to the Manager, Social Services and the Director, Community & Social Services, the Case Manager will provide a full range of services to a diverse client population as part of a team facilitating integrated case management.
- Completion of a post-secondary Social Service Work (SSW) Diploma or Degree with a concentration in Social Work, Psychology and Sociology
- Minimum two years’ experience in Human Services field
- Possess a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the programs delivered by the Integrated Program Delivery Department
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of the Community & Social Services Division philosophy (i.e. goals and focus), and intervention methods to allow program goals to be met
- Ability to interview, assess clients’ needs, and provide support effectively
- Ability to write concise and accurate reports
- Demonstrated experience in the application and interpretation of Legislation
- Possess a comprehensive knowledge of community agencies/organizations, which interface with the Community & Social Services Division
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, problem-solving, decision-making and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team-delivered organizational model
- Computer literate in all relevant technologies within the Community and Social Services Division
- Ability to demonstrate sensitivity and responsiveness to the needs of the community
- Ability to work flexible hours including some evenings and weekends depending upon the needs of the community
- The possession and maintenance of a valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle is required
- Perform the responsibilities of the position within the applicable legislative and regulatory standards set out in the applicable Federal, Provincial and Municipal Acts, Regulations, Guidelines, best practices and the operational policies of the United Counties of Leeds and Grenville.
- The United Counties of Leeds and Grenville regards its employees as the most valuable asset in the organization. All employees are responsible and accountable for ensuring that health and safety standards are incorporated into all aspects of our business. Furthermore, that facilities and resources are made available to ensure the successful execution of all required Health and Safety legislation as well as corporate policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Maintain and respect the confidentiality of families / individuals as per the Municipal Freedom of Information and the Protection of Privacy Act (MFIPPA).
- Ensure that ongoing work with families / individuals and fellow staff is conducted in a manner that is respectful, empowering and demonstrates a strong customer service philosophy.
- Work collaboratively with community partner agencies to promote and support the programs delivered and to maintain a working knowledge of available resources to best serve and refer families / individuals.
- Participate in sub-committees, working groups and team meetings as required and approved by a Program Supervisor.
- Assess families / individuals for initial and ongoing eligibility including emergency and crisis situations.
- Prepare and process ongoing changes, file updates, statistical gathering, correspondence, reports, affidavits, and follow up for arrears / overpayments as requested and/or required.
- Conduct, prepare and facilitate workshops, tenant meetings and orientation sessions.
- Initiate case planning to support client success, which may include case conferences, off-site appointments and home visits.
- Develop, negotiate and monitor families / individuals participation agreements, leases, service plans, assessments and job retention strategies.
- Maintain high level of computer proficiency for all relevant divisional software.
- Provide back-up support and coverage to all Case Managers as required.
- Perform duties as required in the event of a declared peacetime State of Emergency as per the United Counties of Leeds and Grenville Emergency Plan.
- Other related duties, as requested and required.
The above duties are representative of a typical position and are not to be considered as all inclusive.
Applications should be marked “Competition #CSS-21-097 (Case Manager, TFT) and submitted online by 4:00 PM on/before Monday, June 21, 2020 to:
COMPETITION: CSS-21-097, Case Manager - TFT
POSTING DATE: Monday, June 7, 2020 (4:00 p.m.)
CLOSING DATE: Monday, June 21, 2021 (4:00 p.m.)
Applicant information is collected under the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (MFIPPA), and will only be used for candidate selection.
Accommodation at the United Counties of Leeds and Grenville
The United Counties of Leeds and Grenville is committed to providing a recruitment and selection process that is both inclusive and free from barriers. Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available upon request, and will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
Applicants are required, in advance, to make any accommodation request know to Human Resources by contacting the department at 1-800-770-2170 extension 2308 or TTY 1-800-539-8685. Human Resources will strive to provide reasonable and appropriate accommodation for all applicants, during the recruitment and selection process, which will ensure the process is conducted in a fair and equitable manner.
For assistance with job search and application preparation, unemployed individuals are invited to register with CSE Consulting. For more information about the benefits of registering with CSE, please contact us in Kemptville at 613-258-6576 or in Prescott at 613-925-0222.