YMCA _Kemptville - Job Details
Posted: Jun 07, 2021
Expires: Jun 11, 2021
Day Camp Counselor
YMCA of Eastern Ontario, Kemptville
Employment Category: Term Contract
Hours: Must be available for shifts between 7:15am – 5:30pm, Monday to Friday, and on weekends during June for staff training.
Placement Date: June 24th 2021 – August 27th 2021
Our Mission: The YMCA in Canada is dedicated to the growth of all persons in spirit, mind and body, and to their sense of responsibility to each other and to the global community.
Our Vision: Our values are caring, honesty, respect, responsibility, and inclusiveness. These are central to our mission, guiding our behaviours, attitudes, and actions.
Nature & Scope: Day Camp Counselors will act as the leader of their assigned camp. The Day Camp Counselor will be a liaison between staff, campers, parents and their site supervisor. The Day Camp Counselors are to be the direct facilitators of their camps.
Responsibilities: The successful candidate will be responsible for
• Following camp guidelines and acting in accordance with the YMCA’s mission and vision
• Delivering camp programming
• Facilitating transitions in the schedule
• Ensuring the safety of all campers
• Following/enforcing all relevant Covid-19 protocols
• Keep all campers engaged in programming
• Participating in all staff meetings and trainings
• Criminal Reference Check (CPIC) including Vulnerable Sector Check completed not more than 120 days prior to interview, with results acceptable to the YMCA of Eastern Ontario. Those under 18 years of age will be required to sign a statutory declaration confirming that there is no criminal reason why they should not work with children.
• Current Standard First Aid and CPR C certifications
• Minimum 1 year’s experience as a Day Camp Counselor or equivalent
• Experience delivering recreational, sport or outdoor education programs
• Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
• Strong sense of responsibility
• Child and youth-focused
• Interpersonal skills
• Problem Solving
Please apply, in writing, with a résumé and cover letter and application form found at www.eo.ymca.ca by June 11th 2021 to:
Emily Wimpenny, General Manager
YMCA of Eastern Ontario
345 Park St.
Brockville, Ontario K6V 5Y7
Tel: 613-342-7961 ext. 32
We appreciate your interest in a career opportunity with the YMCA of Eastern Ontario. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Candidates invited for an interview will be required to submit three professional references.
The YMCA of Eastern Ontario is committed to an environment that is barrier-free. If you require accommodation during the hiring process, please inform us in advance so that we can arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodation. The YMCA of Eastern Ontario values the diversity of people and communities and is committed to excellence and inclusion in our Association.
This position has been posted internally and externally.
For assistance with job search and application preparation, unemployed individuals are invited to register with CSE Consulting. For more information about the benefits of registering with CSE, please contact us in Kemptville at 613-258-6576 or in Prescott at 613-925-0222.