Ontario Public Service - Job Details
Posted: May 31, 2021
Expires: Jun 11, 2021
Organization: Ministry of the Solicitor General
Division: Ottawa Carleton Detention Centre
Job Term: 2 Temporary (up to 6 months with possible extension)
Job Code: C08OAD - Office Administration 08 (COR)
Salary: $24.28 - $28.23 Per Hour *Indicates the salary listed as per the OPSEU Collective Agreement.
Posting Status: Open
Job ID: 164621
The Ministry of the Solicitor General (SOLGEN) establishes, maintains, operates and monitors correctional institutions across the province.
The Ottawa Carleton Detention Centre is seeking highly motivated individuals with excellent information management and administrative skills to join our team as a Program Support Clerk.
The successful candidates will provide a wide range of administrative support to a multi-disciplinary management team.
What can I expect to do in this role?
- oversee the flow of information, track documents and maintain accurate records;
- gather and verify information, and liaise with appropriate contacts to obtain clarification or share information;
- establish and maintain a filing system;
- prepare a variety of correspondence, including letters, memos, reports, charts, graphs and standing orders;
- proof read documents for accuracy, grammar and formatting.
How do I qualify?
Analytical, Problem Solving and Organizational Skills
- You can identify and resolve administrative-related issues.
- You can verify accuracy and completeness of documents, files and information, and correct discrepancies.
- You can determine workload priorities and manage conflicting deadlines.
Information Management Skills
- You have proven experience to oversee the flow of information and track documents.
- You can establish and maintain a filing system in accordance with record management guidelines and standards.
- You have interpretive knowledge of practices and/or procedures related to the confidentiality and disclosure of information.
- You are proficient in MS Word, Excel, as well as electronic mail, spreadsheet, database and presentation software to produce a variety of documents and correspondence, create spreadsheets, coordinate meetings and schedules, manage files and track information.
- You have proven experience working in a multi-disciplinary team environment to provide a wide range of administrative services.
- You have proven experience working in a large organization or within an institutional setting.
Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- You can communicate and work effectively within a multi-disciplinary team environment.
- You have excellent writing skills to prepare written correspondence.
- 2 Temporary, duration up to 6 months, 2244 Innes Rd, Ottawa, East Region, Criminal Record and Judicial Matters Check, Local Police Databases Search, PIP/NICHE/RMS
Compensation Group: Ontario Public Service Employees Union
Category: Administrative and Support Services
Posted on: Friday, May 28, 2021
- In accordance with the Ontario Public Service (OPS), Employment Screening Checks Policy (ESCP), the top candidate(s) may be required to undergo a security screening check. Refer to the above to determine the screening checks that are required for this position.
Required security screening checks along with your written consent, will be sent to the Transition and Security Office (TSO), Talent Acquisition Branch (TAB), HR Service Delivery Division (HRSDD) to evaluate the results. If applicable, the TSO, with your written consent, will request and obtain any additional employment screening checks that were not obtained directly by you.
A record under the Criminal Code and/or other federal offence record(s) does not automatically mean you will be ineligible for the position. The employment screening check(s) will only be reviewed and evaluated by the TSO for the purpose of making a security clearance decision. The details of an individual's employment screening check(s) will be considered in specific relation to the duties and responsibilities of the position being filled. Employment screening check records will be maintained by the TSO and kept strictly confidential.
How to apply:
- You must apply online.
- Your cover letter and resume combined should not exceed five (5) pages. For tips and tools on how to write a concise cover letter and resume, review the Writing a Cover Letter and Resume: Tips, Tools and Resources.
- Customize your cover letter and resume to the qualifications listed on the job ad. Using concrete examples, you must show how you demonstrated the requirements for this job. We rely on the information you provide to us.
- Read the job description to make sure you understand this job.
- OPS employees are required to quote their WIN EMPLOYEE ID number when applying.
- If you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please Contact Us to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours.
Please be advised that the results of this competition may be used to form an eligibility list of qualified candidates to potentially fill future vacancies represented by the Ontario Public Service Employees Union (OPSEU). In accordance with the Collective Agreement, eligibility lists are shared with OPSEU representatives. By applying to this competition, you are providing consent that your name may be shared with OPSEU representatives.
All external applicants (including former employees of the Ontario Public Service) applying to a competition in a ministry or Commission public body must disclose (either in the cover letter or resume) previous employment with the Ontario Public Service. Disclosure must include positions held, dates of employment and any active restrictions as applicable from being rehired by the Ontario Public Service. Active restrictions can include time and/or ministry-specific restrictions currently in force, and may preclude a former employee from being offered a position with the Ontario Public Service for a specific time period (e.g. one year), or from being offered a position with a specific ministry (either for a pre-determined time period or indefinitely). The circumstances around an employee's exit will be considered prior to an offer of employment.
Remember: The deadline to apply is Friday, June 11, 2021 11:59 pm EDT. Late applications will not be accepted.
We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for further screening or an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer.
Accommodation is available under the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Note: The only website where you can apply on-line for positions with the Ontario Public Service is http://www.gojobs.gov.on.ca
For assistance with job search and application preparation, unemployed individuals are invited to register with CSE Consulting. For more information about the benefits of registering with CSE, please contact us in Kemptville at 613-258-6576 or in Prescott at 613-925-0222.