Giant Tiger Distribution Centre - Job Details
Posted: May 11, 2021
Expires: Jun 11, 2021
About this Opportunity
Recognized as an Employer of Choice in the National Capital Region, Giant Tiger’s Home Office provides a dynamic work environment with many opportunities for a fulfilling career. We are a Canadian owned and operated retailer (and proud of it!), with a strong commitment to the community, and over 50 years of success. If you are looking for a challenging and stimulating career, Giant Tiger may be right for you. We believe in opportunities for growth & development, teamwork, and engagement.
We are looking for a Talent Acquisition Specialist to join our team. You will be responsible for overseeing talent acquisition strategies and growing Giant Tiger’s employer brand. Your focus will be to recruit for our Distribution Centres in Johnstown and Brockville. You will work closely with hiring managers to ensure we attract and select strong candidates, and provide an outstanding experience to all applicants. This is a great opportunity for someone who is passionate about talent acquisition and is looking to work for a dynamic organization!
• Continuously promote Giant Tiger as an employer of choice;
• Assist in promoting our employer brand and driving our talent acquisition strategy forward;
• Manage our company LinkedIn account;
• Work with hiring managers to prepare and post career opportunities;
• Screen applications;
• Conduct preliminary phone interviews and in-person interviews;
• Develop selection tools and interview guides;
• Coordinate background & reference checks;
• Attend networking events and career fairs;
• Develop a talent pipeline;
• Track recruitment metrics and prepare weekly status report.
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in Human Resources, specifically in the recruitment field;
• Post-secondary education in a related field;
• Bilingualism (English/French) – is an asset;
• Proficiency with Word and Excel;
• Strong communication skills to be able to interact with all levels of the organization;
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize to meet deadlines in a fast-paced work environment;
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
• Strong organizational skills;
• Willingness to learn and grow in a dynamic environment;
• Experience working with an applicant tracking system (ATS), an asset.
The HR team is hiring a new recruiter for our distribution centre, to work with our Talent team. This position is currently 100% remote (Work from Home) with the lockdowns in Ontario. Once it is safe to resume in-person work, the role will become 80-90% remote, with 1-2 days biweekly in our Johnstown distribution centre.
Junior level experience is fine – we are looking for someone who understands urgency and can juggle high volume. Training is available on the actual tasks, but a good work ethic and eager-to-learn attitude is key.
Giant Tiger is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to fair and accessible employment procedures. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants and employees with disabilities.
To Apply, please visit our Workday site. : https://gianttiger.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gianttiger/login?redirect=%2Fen-US%2Fgianttiger%2Fjob%2FJohnstown-DC%2FTalent-Acquisition-Specialist_JR16619-1%2Fapply
For assistance with job search and application preparation, unemployed individuals are invited to register with CSE Consulting. For more information about the benefits of registering with CSE, please contact us in Kemptville at 613-258-6576 or in Prescott at 613-925-0222.