Newterra - Job Details
Posted: May 03, 2021
Expires: May 17, 2021
The Buyer is accountable for sourcing program purchased part requirements within the defined commodity strategies to achieve cost and timing targets. Sourcing includes project, parts and sourcing of fabricated pressure vessels.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Negotiate with suppliers for the best price and delivery of the required materials in the correct quantity and quality.
- Develop strategic long-term supply agreements. Issue the purchase orders to meet requirements.
- Identify and select the best suppliers for the purchase of raw materials, finished parts, equipment, tools, supplies, and services.
- Monitor supplier on time delivery and quality levels to develop plans for continuous improvement of overall supplier performance.
- Source new suppliers for cost savings, lead time reduction, and quality improvements to support manufacturing requirements and qualify new suppliers
- Serve as a liaison between Engineering and suppliers.
- Execute purchasing transactions (ex: Supplier PO issuance, amendments, preparing and delivering RFQ's/SOW).
- Manage supplier activity from post sourcing through service for assigned programs.
- Expedite suppliers accordingly to ensure program timing.
- Resolve supplier issues related to invoicing and payment.
- Develop contacts with industrial counterparts, trade associations, and suppliers in assessing the materials market and developing company strategy, where required.
- Work with engineering staff to obtain drawing approvals from suppliers.
- Track Program specific costs to quoted budget, engineering changes, and material fluctuations.
- Ensure all supplier commitments are tracked, updated, and met for assigned programs.
- Review, advise and lead up front engineering material selection.
- Complete financial reporting required by finance on a monthly, quarterly and annually frequency.
- Support development of supplier strategies for each commodity, monitor and enforce supplier strategies.
- Willingness to work overtime to complete projects by the required deadline.
Experience and Skills Required
- Preferably APICS or PMAC Certified.
- 3-year college degree preferred, minimum 2-year associate degree required.
- 5-7 years’ experience of industrial purchasing of machined parts, motors, and/or other components in the global market is preferred
- Must understand and be able to perform the steps required to turn Engineering drawings into production ready parts.
- Knowledgeable in cost reduction techniques, just-in-time principles, standard cost, and total cost & quality management.
- Strong negotiation skills required
- Proficient in in Microsoft Office
- Occasional handling of material and components
- Travel may be required for this position and could include international travel
**Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada**
Interested applicants, please send your resume to email@example.com including the position in the subject line.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Human Resources and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.
We sincerely thank all applicants for their interest but will only contact those under consideration.
For assistance with job search and application preparation, unemployed individuals are invited to register with CSE Consulting. For more information about the benefits of registering with CSE, please contact us in Kemptville at 613-258-6576 or in Prescott at 613-925-0222.