Canadian Tire Prescott - Job Details
Posted: May 03, 2021
Expires: Jun 16, 2021
The Sales Associate team member works in a fast-paced environment that involves constant interaction with customers, delivering friendly and courteous service while explaining product benefits and fulfilling customer needs. This role also involves store maintenance such as stocking shelves, merchandising and general housekeeping.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Provides excellent customer service to all customers entering the store.
- Smiles, makes eye contact with and greets customers.
- Guides customer to the location of requested items.
- Locates products in the warehouse.
- Answers questions and provides friendly advice and services to customers.
- Suggests value-added and related products to customers to ensure they go home with what they need.
- Ends the discussion with the customer using a closing statement (e.g., “Is there anything else I can do for you today?” “Did you find everything you were looking for?” “Thank you for shopping at Canadian Tire”).
- Responds to and handles customer inquiries, requests and concerns in a timely manner, over the phone and in person.
- Handles multiple customers in an effective and efficient manner.
- Deals with challenging situations in a professional manner.
- Learns about new products on a regular basis.
- Keeps up to date with in-store promotions, in-store deals and product locations.
- Ensures that retail basics tasks are executed efficiently (e.g., stocking, labels, facing, etc.).
- Stocks shelves and merchandise display areas using modules and planograms as guidelines.
- Walks their assigned sections to understand what needs to be accomplished on a daily basis.
- Maintains inventory accuracy and identifies/reports low stock levels (e.g., hole check and bin cap analysis).
- Reports stolen and damaged goods to Management.
- Operates computer and RF gun and enters all relevant coding in Canadian Tire systems.
- Plays an active role in the department team by openly sharing opinions and ideas on how to improve department success and by participating in meetings and all training as required.
- Engages in learning activities and listens to feedback to improve their own abilities.
- Complies with company, store and department policies.
- Abides by all health and safety programs and regulations. Reports any observed or potential hazards immediately.
- Uses professional language and maintains a professional appearance (uniform, hygiene, grooming and name tag) when interacting with others.
- Completes other tasks, as required.
- Basic math and typing skills.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision with computerized systems.
- Experience in a customer service role and/or with Canadian Tire store is considered an asset.
- Ability to operate a cash register is an asset.
Interested candidates should apply directly to: Kay Clarey, General Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
For assistance with job search and application preparation, unemployed individuals are invited to register with CSE Consulting. For more information about the benefits of registering with CSE, please contact us in Kemptville at 613-258-6576 or in Prescott at 613-925-0222.