Victim Services of Leeds & Grenville - Job Details
Posted: Feb 18, 2021
Expires: Feb 24, 2021
Public Education Coordinator (Human Trafficking Awareness)
Role Description: To bring education and awareness about Human Trafficking, sexual exploitation, online luring, trauma, and sexual abuse through the development and delivery of in-person and online events, campaigns, and resources. There will be a dedicated focus to children and youth however the coordinator should be comfortable focusing on all ages and genders. The coordinator will also assist with the coordination of the Human Trafficking Wellness and Recovery Team as well as organize and coordinate enhanced training for service providers. This position requires an employee who can work remotely.
- Provide ongoing public education and awareness events and social media campaigns covering all aspects of human trafficking recruitment and activity.
- Provide a minimum of 4 public education and / or social media events per year.
- Source and coordinate enhanced training to community agencies.
- Organize and facilitate one yearly conference and training event.
- Develop a public education and social media strategy focusing on early intervention and youth.
- Assist in the collection and evaluation of all program data.
- Create resources for human trafficking, child exploitation and online luring for teenagers and youth as well as for the adults in their lives.
- Assist with the coordination and co-chair the Leeds & Grenville Anti-Human Trafficking Coalition
- Providing administrative duties in relation to the Anti-Human Trafficking Coalition and WRAP team
- Knowledge, training, and / or experience working with Human Trafficking will be considered an asset.
- Experience collaborating and networking with community partners and members.
- Previous experience providing public education and creating and delivering public presentations.
- Previous experience working with a variety of social media platforms preferred.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to work efficiently independently and within a team.
- Completion of post-secondary education in a social service, public administration or helping profession OR lived experience supporting individuals in need/who have experienced trauma.
- Must complete all required training in relation to Human Trafficking provided by Victim Services.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- This is a contract position working mostly daytime hours, with some evenings and weekends required. Start date to be determined.
- Offer of employment will be dependent on the clearance of a Vulnerable Sectors Check
- Covid-19 Considerations: We provide an essential service within our community and are following all up-to-date provincial COVID requirements when doing so.
How to Apply: Please submit cover letter and resume to Sonya Jodoin, Executive Director of Victim Services of Leeds & Grenville via email at firstname.lastname@example.org . No phone calls please.
Applications will be accepted until Wednesday February 24th, 2021 at 5:00 PM.
For assistance with job search and application preparation, unemployed individuals are invited to register with CSE Consulting. For more information about the benefits of registering with CSE, please contact us in Kemptville at 613-258-6576 or in Prescott at 613-925-0222.