Newterra - Job Details
Posted: Dec 01, 2020
Expires: Jan 15, 2021
Start Date: Immediate
Newterra is a dynamic, entrepreneurial company that is focused on returning water to nature’s high standards. Our 200+ person team collaborates from our offices in Canada, the United States, Germany and Chile to deliver exceptional, modular water treatment solutions.
Our mission is simple: To use our ability to integrate technology, modularize systems and control the supply chain from manufacturing through after-sales support to create markets & opportunities and deliver the best customer experience in water management.
Our success is driven by a culture built on cooperation, respect, honest and direct communication, individual accountability, and embracing the mindset of an owner in our decision making.
Newterra is an equal-opportunity employer dedicated to attracting talented people who share these goals and ideals. If you thrive in an environment that rewards rolling up your sleeves, thinking beyond the status quo, and doing what it takes to deliver innovative solutions, we’d like to talk to you.
Responsibilities for the position include but not limited to:
- Build system housing as per drawings and specifications
- Build shipment skids and crates
- Prepare systems for shipment
- Take measurements and determine the amount of material required
- Layout flooring, roofing and drywall and ensure they are level and compatible
- Frame, insulate and clad walls
- Responsible for performing duties in a safe manner and promoting safety to others in accordance with Newterra's safety policies and procedures.
- Responsible to report all safety concerns, near misses and incidents to their Manager immediately. Maintain a clean, orderly and safe workspace
- Adhere to the company processes as detailed in Newterra’s Business Management System and bring forward ideas for continuous improvement
- Grade 12 or equivalent experience
- Proven experience as a carpenter
- Hand-on experience in working with carpentry materials
- Excellent understanding of carpentry techniques and methods of installation and construction
- Proficient in using electric and manual equipment and measurement tools
- Ability to read drawings and technical documents
Interested applicants, please send your resume to email@example.com including the position in the subject line.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Human Resources and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.
We sincerely thank all applicants for their interest but will only contact those under consideration.
For assistance with job search and application preparation, unemployed individuals are invited to register with CSE Consulting. For more information about the benefits of registering with CSE, please contact us in Kemptville at 613-258-6576 or in Prescott at 613-925-0222.