Lactalis - Job Details
Posted: Nov 25, 2020
Expires: Dec 11, 2020
The Human Resources Coordinator works with line managers within one or more manufacturing facilities and distribution centres. The position supports the Human Resources Manager by developing, implementing and ensuring appropriate action on key priority areas such as employee relations, performance, communications, safety, training & development and attendance management. Acts as an HR resource to operations staff on communications, recognition activities, training, employee and labour relations, compensation and benefits, and recruitment.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide support with Health and Safety programs, including assisting the Human Resources Manager with the development and implementation of safety training and ensuring required records related to Health & Safety (WSIB, accident investigation etc.) are maintained.
- Assist the site leadership team in improving their operational effectiveness by providing input in the development of KPI scorecards, tracking and reporting. In addition, assist the HR Manager in ensuring that each siteâ€™s leadership team consistently manages every element of the Corporate HR Annual Audit applicable to their facility.
- Provide guidance to line managers on the administration of collective agreement(s), benefits, pension and respond to general Human Resources inquiries of employees and management.
- Provide assistance in recruitment and selection, co-ordinate the on-boarding process and ensure all documents pertaining to the life cycle of any employee are accurately and timely processed (i.e. PATS for new hires, changes, termination etc.)
- Administer, monitor and follow up on disability claims (STD, LTD, WCB). Co-ordinate activities with the Benefits Manager to ensure employees are expeditiously returned to work and liaise with the proper insurance providers and/or government bodies as appropriate.
- Attend Labour Relations meeting as appropriate and participates in Labour Relations proceedings by researching and preparing documentation for grievances, hearings, and arbitrations.
- Maintain data and records for the site(s) as appropriate (personnel files, training records etc.) and produce regular and ad-hoc reports for the site(s) as requested.
- Coordinate site fund raising initiatives.
Education & Experience
- Post-secondary education preferably in Human Resources Management, Industrial Relations or Business
- CHRP Designation or working towards it is an asset
- 1-3 years of work related experience preferably in a unionized environment
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, customer service orientation and ability to build effective working relationships with all stakeholders
- Organizational skills, detail orientation, flexibility and learning agility
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and solve inquiries and issues expeditiously and efficiently
- Proficient with standard office computer technology such as Lotus Notes, Microsoft Office products and the Internet as well as Human Resources Information systems
- Bilingual is preferred (a must for Quebec locations)
- Knowledge of applicable statutes, HR trends and practices
This job description is intended to summarize the overall level of responsibility of the job and is not an exhaustive list of all the duties performed.
For assistance with job search and application preparation, unemployed individuals are invited to register with CSE Consulting. For more information about the benefits of registering with CSE, please contact us in Kemptville at 613-258-6576 or in Prescott at 613-925-0222.