The Mayfield Retirement Residence - Job Details
Posted: Nov 10, 2020
Expires: Dec 10, 2020
Do you have a passion for making a difference?
We are passionate about ‘Making Every Moment Matter.” We are seeking a candidate that shares our values - a person who has a passion to make a difference, who has a strong moral compass and has a commitment to teamwork.
We are passionate about providing compassionate care for families' loved ones, where the residents of our home come before anything else. Our values follow a ‘People’ focused Philosophy, Participation Excellence Openness Performance Longevity Efficient Use of Resources. This philosophy can be seen in every aspect and level of our home.
We are currently hiring for PSW's for our Retirement Residence. Hours will be based on need and may include days, nights, and weekends.
- Assisting or providing total personal care such as toileting, bathing and perineal care
- Assisting with eating, dressing and grooming
- Assisting nursing staff by answering call bells
- Following the care plan, observing and reporting any substantial findings and/or changes in patient/resident/client’s behavior to the appropriate registered member of the healthcare team
- Assisting with ambulation, positioning and transferring using mechanical lifts such as a Hoyer lift
- Working under the supervision of a Registered Healthcare Professional such as a Registered Nurse (RN) or a Registered Practical Nurse (RPN)
- Performing tasks delegated to them
- Computer or paper documentation of Activities of Daily Living (ADL) and other findings
- Reporting behavioral and clinical changes to a Registered Nurse, Registered Practical Nurse, Resource Nurse or Manager
Skills and Education:
- PSW Certification and Transcript from a Registered Canadian College preferred
- PSW experience in Retirement preferred
- Mentally and physically able to perform duties as assigned
- Ability to communicate effectively with other staff, residents and families
- Demonstrates empathy, concern and interest in providing quality care and service to residents
- Demonstrates organizational skills and ability to complete assignments in a timely fashion
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to provide resident care in accordance with application legislation, job routines, nursing care plans, ability to read and write English and understand verbal and written instructions in English
- Basic computer skills
- Current vulnerable sector screening; valid within 6 months
- TB screening; within 6 months is also required
- Supervisory References
How to apply?
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and references. We look forward to speaking with you, and making every moment matter!
Our organization takes the accessibility needs of employees with disabilities into account during the position summary review process. Employees are required to notify their director manager/supervisor if they have any particular accessibility needs and the organization will work with the employee to address them.
For assistance with job search and application preparation, unemployed individuals are invited to register with CSE Consulting. For more information about the benefits of registering with CSE, please contact us in Kemptville at 613-258-6576 or in Prescott at 613-925-0222.