African Bronze Honey Company - Job Details
Posted: Oct 21, 2020
Expires: Nov 21, 2020
The Sales and Digital Business Development Manager role will be very versatile with the primary objective to build the pipeline of new business coming into the African Bronze Honey Company using digital tools and technology. This will include generating revenue through new and existing distribution partners and developing new key B2B relationships in the grocery, food, beverage, cosmetics and other industries.
The ideal candidate for this position is a skilled and self-motivated sales professional with a demonstrable track record of finding the ideal customer, developing opportunities, driving leads, and closing deals.
The responsibilities of the Manager, Sales and Digital Business Development will include (but are not limited to):
Market Research and Sales Strategy:
- Participate in market research and development of a B2B digital marketing strategy
- Develop sales strategy that employs digital approaches, such as virtual trade shows, digital engagement with trade associations, email marketing, digital advertising, digital and social media campaigns.
- Develop an effective customer relationship tracking approach using digital tools.
New Business Development and Planning:
- Prospect for potential new clients and identifying decision makers within the client organization
- Cold call or email marketing as appropriate within the market or geographic area to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities
- Research and build relationships with small and medium sized business
- Plan sales approaches and pitches as to develop proposals that speak to the client's needs, concerns, and objectives; work towards mutually beneficial scenarios
- Identify opportunities for digital campaigns, new products, and new digital distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales
- Use knowledge of the market and competitors to identify and develop the company's unique selling propositions
- Attend industry functions, such as virtual trade shows and conferences
- Check in with existing clients and looking for ways to help them be more successful, such as presenting them with new products or providing them with engagement tools
Management and Research:
- Ensure that data is accurately entered and managed within the company's CRM and project management tools
- Forecast sales targets and ensure they are met
- Develop a deep understanding of the company's supply chain and capabilities so as to best represent the company’s products, value proposition and values.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or relevant field.
- Significant experience in marketing and sales in the food or sustainable products categories.
- In-depth knowledge of digital marketing and various social media platforms, best practices, and website analytics.
- Highly creative with excellent analytical abilities.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- Up-to-date on the latest trends and technologies in digital marketing.
- Candidates must be 30 years or under and be a recent graduate, also must be a Canadian citizen, Permanent Resident or have Refugee status.* This is a requirement under our funding agreement for this position.
We are a Cardinal Ontario based, B Corp (Best for the World, 3 years in a row) social enterprise business that needs some serious digital sales and marketing acumen! We import, export, market, sell and value-add - container loads of the most delicious, healthy honey in the world. It is forest honey from African wilderness areas and National Parks.
Candidates should be motivated, problem solving, creative thinkers who want to use their digital sales and marketing skills to change the world… or at least to help with some of the lifting! This is a 6 month position that could lead to a permanent position and employee ownership. Digital marketing, ecommerce, social media, sales and marketing, business planning & administration skills are required assets. Experience in sustainable food marketing and sales are considered additional assets.
African Bronze Honey Company is an inclusive company and an equal opportunity employer.
- Remote or Cardinal ON (an hour’s drive from Ottawa).
Why Work With Us?
- We are a B Corporation, a for profit company that is using business to support a sustainable planet.
- We are growing; lots of growth opportunities within the organisation
- You can work for us and feel good about what you are contributing to.
- We have an entrepreneurial culture and welcome new ideas
- Opportunity to work closely with the Co-founders of an award winning company!
How to Apply
Submit your resume and a cover letter highlighting your skills and achievements. Tell us why working for a B Corporation is one of your goals. Your cover letter must also explain how you meet the requirements. Send to: email@example.com.
For assistance with job search and application preparation, unemployed individuals are invited to register with CSE Consulting. For more information about the benefits of registering with CSE, please contact us in Kemptville at 613-258-6576 or in Prescott at 613-925-0222.