African Bronze Honey Company - Job Details
Posted: Oct 21, 2020
Expires: Nov 20, 2020
We are searching for a highly-creative Digital Sales and Marketing Manager to lead our direct to consumer digital sales and marketing efforts. In this position, you will be responsible for all aspects of our e-commerce marketing operations. Your central goal is to help grow our brand’s active customer base locally while also increasing brand loyalty and awareness.
Your duties will include planning, implementing, and monitoring our e-commerce platforms and digital marketing campaigns across all networks. Our ideal candidate is someone with experience in ecommerce sales, marketing, art direction, and social media management. In addition to being an outstanding communicator, you will also demonstrate excellent interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Participate in market research and development of a Direct to Consumer digital marketing strategy
- Develop a Direct to Consumer sales strategy that employs digital approaches, such as virtual trade shows, email marketing, digital advertising, digital and social media campaigns.
- Optimize and continually improve our e-commerce platforms for the intended markets
- Design and oversee our digital marketing database, email, and digital advertising campaigns within budgets and targets.
- Develop and monitor campaign budgets.
- Plan and manage our social media platforms.
- Prepare accurate reports on our marketing campaign’s overall performance.
- Consult with advertising and media experts to improve marketing results.
- Evaluate important metrics that affect our website traffic, service quotas, and target audience
- Brainstorm new and innovative growth strategies.
- Oversee and manage all contests, giveaways, and other digital projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or relevant field.
- Significant experience in ecommerce marketing and sales in the food or sustainable products categories.
- In-depth knowledge of various social media platforms, best practices, and website analytics.
- Highly creative with excellent analytical abilities.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- Up-to-date on the latest trends and technologies in digital marketing.
- Candidates must be 30 years or under and be a recent graduate, also must be a Canadian citizen, Permanent Resident or have Refugee status.* This is a requirement under our funding agreement for this position.
We are a Cardinal Ontario based, B Corp (Best for the World, 3 years in a row) social enterprise business that needs some serious digital sales and marketing acumen! We import, export, market, sell and value-add - container loads of the most delicious, healthy honey in the world. It is forest honey from African wilderness areas and National Parks.
Candidates should be motivated, problem solving, creative thinkers who want to use their digital sales and marketing skills to change the world… or at least to help with some of the lifting! This is a 6 month position that could lead to a permanent position and employee ownership. Digital marketing, ecommerce, social media, sales and marketing, business planning & administration skills are required assets. Experience in sustainable food marketing and sales are considered additional assets.
African Bronze Honey Company is an inclusive company and an equal opportunity employer.
- Remote or Cardinal ON (an hour’s drive from Ottawa).
Why Work With Us?
- We are a B Corporation, a for profit company that is using business to support a sustainable planet.
- We are growing; lots of growth opportunities within the organisation
- You can work for us and feel good about what you are contributing to.
- We have an entrepreneurial culture and welcome new ideas
- Opportunity to work closely with the Co-founders of an award winning company!
How to Apply
Submit your resume and a cover letter highlighting your skills and achievements. Tell us why working for a B Corporation is one of your goals. Your cover letter must also explain how you meet the requirements. Send to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For assistance with job search and application preparation, unemployed individuals are invited to register with CSE Consulting. For more information about the benefits of registering with CSE, please contact us in Kemptville at 613-258-6576 or in Prescott at 613-925-0222.