Kemptville Retirement Living - Job Details
Posted: Oct 21, 2020
Expires: Oct 30, 2020
The Food Service Manager is responsible for all aspects of the residence’s food service department. The FSM ensures residents and guests are provided with outstanding service and creative menus that meet and exceed expectations. Assists in maintaining a safe and secure environment for residents, visitors and other staff members.
The responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to:
- Prepares or monitors the preparation of service daily and special event menu plans to ensure individual dietary needs are met;
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with residents and their families in order to determine individual needs, resolve issues or concerns, and evaluate resident satisfaction;
- Ensures that the meals and services provided meet or exceed residents’ and Kemptville Retirement Living expectations;
- Provides residents with a safe and comfortable environment;
- Leads and manages food services staff to achieve department goals;
- Participates as a member of the work team and provides support to the other members of the team;
- Recruits and organizes staff orientation and in-service training programs;
- Schedules and assigns work, monitors and evaluates staff performance;
- Liaises with municipal and provincial agencies concerning health and safety issues;
- Ensures compliance to food safety, sanitation and overall workplace safety standards;
- Performs other related duties as required.
The ideal candidates will possess:
- Minimum of two years supervisory experience in a volume food preparation environment in a retirement/LTC residence, the healthcare or hospitality industry;
- Successful and minimum completion of a post-secondary diploma in Food and Beverage Management from a recognized institution;
- Minimum of one year experience in front of house and customer service;
- Prior labour relations experience preferred;
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal);
- Effective interpersonal and conflict resolution skills;
- Good organizational and time management skills with the ability to multi-task;
- Customer service oriented;
- Must have working knowledge of special diets.
Candidates must be available to work days, evenings, and weekends.
Expected Start Date: 2020-10-30
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $50,000.00-$55,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Resumes and cover letters can be sent to: email@example.com
For assistance with job search and application preparation, unemployed individuals are invited to register with CSE Consulting. For more information about the benefits of registering with CSE, please contact us in Kemptville at 613-258-6576 or in Prescott at 613-925-0222.