3M - Job Details
Posted: Sep 23, 2020
Expires: Oct 12, 2020
3M is seeking Production Operators for its Personal Safety Manufacturing team located in Brockville, ON. The successful candidates will make an impact by operating production machinery and equipment throughout the plant, on any of several rotating shift structures, achieving target machine and productivity rates.
*Candidates MUST be able to meet Controlled Goods Clearance requirements*
- Ensure the safe and optimal use of equipment, using established procedures, Lean, and 5S principles to foster improvement and achieve production goals
- Perform regular Quality checks, and ensure compliance with standards
- Develop knowledge to troubleshoot plant processes, perform equipment changeovers, as well as minor troubleshooting and repairs as necessary
- Adjusting to new demands, products, and plant priorities to support business interests
- Completion of High School or equivalent
- MUST be able to meet Controlled Goods Clearance requirements
- Above average mechanical/troubleshooting skills
- Flexibility for shift rotations
- Proven track record of possessing a pro-active, constructive approach and a high level of focus in the areas of safety, quality, productivity, and waste reduction
- Post-secondary education
- Demonstrated ability to achieve results both alone and in cross-functional teams
- Experience with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Travel: Not required
Relocation: Not offered
What We Offer:
- Comprehensive Benefit Plan, RSP plan, Stock Purchase Plan, and Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Health & Wellness subsidies
- Individual Development Plan and Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Free parking
- Access to discounted tickets for sports events, concerts, and attractions
3M Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We work to reflect the diversity of our global customers, suppliers and channel partners, and build on each individual employee’s abilities.
At 3M, we know that inclusion is the key to unlocking the power of our diversity. An inclusive culture is one that supports and appreciates differences, and provides fair and equal opportunities for everyone. It’s a place where people realize they are respected for their whole and unique selves, and that they belong. Inclusion leads to engagement, which in turn fosters the collaboration, creativity and innovation that drive long-term growth – for 3M as well as for our people and our teams.
Apply: Closing Date is October 12th
Candidates can apply via this link, just copy and paste it into your browser:
Please do not contact the plant directly. Electronic applications only.
For assistance with job search and application preparation, unemployed individuals are invited to register with CSE Consulting. For more information about the benefits of registering with CSE, please contact us in Kemptville at 613-258-6576 or in Prescott at 613-925-0222.