Ministry of the Solicitor General - Job Details
Posted: Sep 18, 2020
Expires: Oct 05, 2020
We have a current posting for one temporary Health Care Manager position in Brockville, Ontario.
Closing Date: October 5, 2020
The Brockville Jail, Ministry of the Solicitor General, seeks a health care professional with proven ability to lead a multidisciplinary team in the delivery of patient-centred health care.
If you would like to showcase your leadership skills, don't miss this exciting opportunity.
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this role, you will:
• Plan, coordinate, direct and evaluate health care programs and services, including the pharmacy program, within a medium-size facility
• Provide leadership to a multidisciplinary team of health care professionals, and ensure the delivery of efficient and quality health care services
• Support a values-based and inclusive environment through oversight of healthcare services
• Provide professional expertise, advice and direction to ensure services and programs are in compliance with ministry policy, legislation and professional standards
• Develop, plan and implement the delivery of health education programs for patients and staff
• Ensure the efficient use of human, physical and financial resources to provide quality care
• Ensure patients' safety; report and conduct investigations of unsafe practices or professional misconduct, and document incidents in accordance to ministry policies, the College of Nurses of Ontario standards, and applicable legislation and regulations
Leadership in the OPS
The Ontario Public Service (OPS) Leadership Behaviours defines what it means to be a leader through the following expected behaviours and attributes:
• We commit to the responsibilities of being a leader by demonstrating authenticity, accountability and courage.
• We lead for the future by embracing positive disruption, a future mindset and by developing each other, every day.
• We are people-centered by leading with a common purpose, being inclusive and driving people-centered outcomes.
NOTE: to learn more about the OPS Leadership Mindsets and Behaviours, please click the "View More Information" link at the top of the ad.
How to apply:
- You must apply online. https://www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/Preview.aspx?Language=English&JobID=152151
- Your cover letter and resume combined should not exceed five (5) pages. For tips and tools on how to write a concise cover letter and resume, review the Writing a Cover Letter and Resume: Tips, Tools and Resources.
- Customize your cover letter and resume to the qualifications listed on the job ad. Using concrete examples, you must show how you demonstrated the requirements for this job. We rely on the information you provide to us.
- Read the job description to make sure you understand this job.
- OPS employees are required to quote their WIN EMPLOYEE ID number when applying.
- If you require a disability-related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please Contact Us to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours.
Closing Date: October 5, 2020
Apply here: https://www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/Preview.aspx?Language=English&JobID=152151
For assistance with job search and application preparation, unemployed individuals are invited to register with CSE Consulting. For more information about the benefits of registering with CSE, please contact us in Kemptville at 613-258-6576 or in Prescott at 613-925-0222.