Ministry of the Solicitor General - Job Details
Posted: Sep 17, 2020
Expires: Oct 02, 2020
We have a current posting for two temporary Registered Nurse positions in Brockville, Ontario.
Closing Date: October 2, 2020
Are you a conscientious and well-organized Registered Nurse, with a strong commitment to the care and well-being of others? If so, please consider this rewarding opportunity to join the health care team at the Brockville Jail, Ministry of the Solicitor General.
Please read the following information carefully and customize your cover letter and resume to the qualifications listed below. For information on how to prepare your resume, please follow the link under the "How to Apply" section of this ad.
Note:This irregular on-call position will be required to work flexible hours e.g. rotating shifts in a health care unit that provides 7 days per week service up to 24 hours a day, including evenings, nights, weekends and statutory holidays.
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this role, you will:
• Conduct health assessments for the purposes of triage and on-going care
• Plan for and provide health care treatment
• Monitor adherence to treatment plans and response to health care interventions
• Liaise with community care providers to obtain health histories and to facilitate transitional care at discharge for remand and intermittent inmates
• Participate in case management
• Advocate for and encourage patient participation in the plan of care
• Act as a resource for patients, staff and external stakeholders by sharing your knowledge and expertise
• Work collaboratively as a member of the inter-professional team to develop, implement and evaluate patient-specific plans of care
• Contribute to health program development within the institution
• Establish and maintain positive working relationships with other staff members and external stakeholders
• Provide emergency care, acute care, crisis intervention, health teaching, and counseling, when required, for patients considered medically stable and unstable
• Practice in accordance with the College of Nurses Practice Standards and Ministry expectations
• Practice in accordance with the security requirements of the institution
How to apply:
- You must apply online. https://www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/Preview.aspx?Language=English&JobID=154369
- Your cover letter and resume combined should not exceed five (5) pages. For tips and tools on how to write a concise cover letter and resume, review the Writing a Cover Letter and Resume: Tips, Tools and Resources.
- Customize your cover letter and resume to the qualifications listed on the job ad. Using concrete examples, you must show how you demonstrated the requirements for this job. We rely on the information you provide to us.
- Read the job description to make sure you understand this job.
- OPS employees are required to quote their WIN EMPLOYEE ID number when applying.
- If you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please Contact Us to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours.
For assistance with job search and application preparation, unemployed individuals are invited to register with CSE Consulting. For more information about the benefits of registering with CSE, please contact us in Kemptville at 613-258-6576 or in Prescott at 613-925-0222.