O'Reilly's Independent Grocer - Job Details
Posted: Sep 16, 2020
Expires: Sep 30, 2020
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintains self-service and display counters by performing duties including slicing and wrapping deli items, making sandwiches and salads, preparing and cooking items.
- Serves customers by greeting them, filling requests for products which includes slicing, weighing, wrapping and pricing deli items, processing orders for party trays, and by responding to their needs, concerns, and inquiries.
- Maintains product inventory by checking stock levels, and preparing and processing orders.
- Ensures compliance with government legislation and company standards for food safety and health and safety by maintaining cleanliness and sanitation which includes cleaning and disinfecting deli preparation areas and equipment such as utensils, machinery, refrigerator/freezer, display cases, ovens, coffee urns, and floors.
- Assists with administrative duties including maintaining logs, maintaining pricing, recording invoices, conducting inventory, and completing food safety audits.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Skills & Abilities
- Good customer service skills
- Able to communicate effectively with customers and staff
- Capable of working independently or as part of a team
- Able to work accurately in a fast-paced environment
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the job
Other Job Requirements
- Lifting and moving weights of 5 – 20 kilograms (e.g., cases of deli meats and cheeses)
- Standing for long periods of time while preparing product or serving customers
- Some bending into display cases / coolers
- Some reaching and lifting of deli items out of display coolers / cases (e.g., meats, cheeses)
- Exposure to cool temperatures while working around deli coolers and refrigerators
- Exposure to chemicals used for cleaning surfaces including display cases, coolers, slicer, counters
Do not wait for closing date, apply in store or apply directly to:
Name: Chris O’Reilly
Phone Number:613 925 4625
NOTE: The Employer noted in this posting is an independently owned corporation (“Franchisee”) which is licensed to use the “YOUR INDEPENDENT GROCER” (s) by Loblaws Inc. If an applicant is hired by the Franchisee, then his/her employer will be the Franchisee. No employment or similar relationship will be created between the applicant and Loblaws Inc. or its affiliates.
For assistance with job search and application preparation, unemployed individuals are invited to register with CSE Consulting. For more information about the benefits of registering with CSE, please contact us in Kemptville at 613-258-6576 or in Prescott at 613-925-0222.