More Than Just Babysitting - Job Details
Posted: Aug 26, 2020
Expires: Sep 26, 2020
MORE THAN JUST BABYSITTING Child Care Centre Inc., Kemptville and Maynard locations, is seeking to hire Early Childhood Educators for permanent and supply positions.
- Be registered and in good standing with the College of ECE,
- Have the following: up-to-date immunizations,
- Criminal Record check of the Vulnerable sector completed upon hire, cleared with no exceptions.
- Standard First Aid and CPR certificate
- Submit to a child abuse registry record check
- Have computer skills
- Have effective oral and written skills
- Position open to both male or female
Early Childhood Educators perform some or all of the following duties:
- Provide care and guidance to all age groups
- Lead children in emergent curriculum activities to inspire and develop their intellectual, physical and emotional growth
- Conduct and monitor activity programs designed for young children
- Lead children in activities by telling stories, teaching songs and preparing creative art materials
- Prepare and serve snacks
- Light housekeeping
- Assist children with proper eating, dressing and toilet habits
- Attend staff meetings
- Maintain child care equipment
- Daily documentation and record-keeping
- Daily communication with co-workers & parents
- Building positive relationships with children, families & co-workers as a team
- Keyholder responsibilities
Early childhood educator assistants require the following skills and abilities:
- enjoy spending time with children and looking after their physical, educational and emotional needs
- ability to speak clearly, inspire trust and confidence
- motivate and support children in their relationships with others
- be able to model appropriate behaviour and language and to practice proper hygiene
- ability to deal creatively and effectively with problems
- ability to use different teaching methods
- ability to take responsibility
- good organizational skills
- ability to work cooperatively with other teachers, support staff, and parents
- ability to be patient and kind
Terms and Conditions
- The hours of work for early childhood educators and assistants depend on a number of factors. Our child care centres operate from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday. Staff work schedules are determined by the number of children in care, their ages, the duration of time they need care and the ratios set out in the Child Care and Early Years Act 2014 and are subject to change
- The majority of caregivers in this environment have 27+ scheduled hours.
- This program operates before and after school to accommodate school-aged children ages 4 - 12
- Child care can be physically taxing, as caregivers constantly stand, walk, bend, stoop, and lift to attend to the children in their care.
- They must always be mentally alert to keep children safe, to deal effectively with disruptive children, and provide fair guidance.
- Constant supervision is essential, whether the children are indoors, outside or on an excursion.
- The need for child care services and their staff changes in July and August. School-age programs provide full-day care and may take in extra children and hire extra summer staff to supervise them.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone inquiries, please. This position is open to both male and female applicants.
Please apply in writing by sending resume and references to M.T.J.B. Kemptville to the attention of Julie Jordan, Program Manager. : email@example.com
For assistance with job search and application preparation, unemployed individuals are invited to register with CSE Consulting. For more information about the benefits of registering with CSE, please contact us in Kemptville at 613-258-6576 or in Prescott at 613-925-0222.