Wellington House - Job Details
Posted: Aug 19, 2020
Expires: Sep 18, 2020
Part Time / Full Time
Are you a Personal Support Worker that has a passion for making a difference?
A day in the role of a Personal Support Worker
This position is responsible for but not limited to:
- Providing for the basic care and needs of residents such as; ensuring resident takes in prescribed medication, provide basic grooming such as washing and combing hair & mouth care, bathing, bowel, and bladder care, positioning and movement, basic wound care,
- Performing specific interventions from individual resident care plans,
- Assisting the nursing process by observing and reporting changes in the residents’ physical and emotional condition,
- Performing related light housekeeping tasks, such as bed making, removing soiled clothing,
- Recognizing and reporting safety concerns or equipment malfunction,
- Observing, documenting and reporting any emotional or physical changes in the residents' condition,
- Continually assessing, anticipating, identifying and responding to new and changing needs of residents.
The qualifications needed are as follows:
- A positive mindset, as well as a connection with our values,
- The graduate of Personal Support Worker program at the time of application,
- Ability to demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of nursing and health care practices as they relate to long-term care legislation,
- Must have demonstrated sound skills and knowledge of providing person-centred care in accordance with established standards, policies and procedures
- Knowledgeable of the Residents’ Bill of Rights and respects and promotes these rights,
- Effective communication skills and the demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively is essential,
- Effective customer service skills and a demonstrated commitment to working with seniors are required,
- Ability to perform tasks that are necessary for the position, for example, lifting/transferring residents,
- Ability to deal with responsive behaviour,
- Basic computer skills are a must,
- Demonstrated commitment to learning and continuous improvement,
- Must have a clear vulnerable sector screen, no older than 6 months, TB test results less than 6 months old, evidence of flu shot, must be able to provide three work references.
For assistance with job search and application preparation, unemployed individuals are invited to register with CSE Consulting. For more information about the benefits of registering with CSE, please contact us in Kemptville at 613-258-6576 or in Prescott at 613-925-0222.