Ministry of the Solicitor General - Job Details
Posted: Jun 24, 2020
Expires: Jun 30, 2020
Do you have volume cooking experience and culinary training? If so, the Ministry of the Solicitor General is looking for you to join one of our adult correctional facilities across Ontario to prepare, cook, and assemble standard and special diet meals in a conventional institutional kitchen.
We are currently seeking to fill short term on-call contracts of 5.5 months in duration. If you are interested and demonstrate the qualifications outlined below, please submit your application by clicking on the "Apply Online" here https://www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/Preview.aspx?Language=English&JobID=149778 . In your application, please specify the city (or cities) you are interested to work in.
On-Call Food Services Officer contracts may be available in the following cities: Scarborough, Brampton, Stratford, Sarnia, Hamilton, Thorold, London, Napanee, Sault Ste Marie, Fort Frances, Kenora, Monteith, North Bay, Sudbury, Thunder Bay.
• These positions are on-call working 0 to 40 hours per week, and may include weekends and statutory holidays, based on operational requirements and with no minimum guaranteed number of hours per week
• Position will require you to supervise and provide direction to inmate helpers
To view the complete posting please copy and paste the following link into your browser:
How to apply:
- You must apply online. https://www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/Preview.aspx?Language=English&JobID=149778
- Your cover letter and resume combined should not exceed five (5) pages. For tips and tools on how to write a concise cover letter and resume, review the Writing a Cover Letter and Resume: Tips, Tools and Resources.
- Customize your cover letter and resume to the qualifications listed on the job ad. Using concrete examples, you must show how you demonstrated the requirements for this job. We rely on the information you provide to us.
- Read the job description to make sure you understand this job.
- If you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please Contact Us to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours.
Apply By: Tuesday, June 30, 2020 11:59 pm EDT
For assistance with job search and application preparation, unemployed individuals are invited to register with CSE Consulting. For more information about the benefits of registering with CSE, please contact us in Kemptville at 613-258-6576 or in Prescott at 613-925-0222.