The Mayfield Retirement Residence - Job Details
Posted: Jun 23, 2020
Expires: Jul 31, 2020
Position Title: Personal Support Worker
Reporting to: Director of Care
Hours: Part Time
Location: The Mayfield Retirement Residence
Are you a Personal Support Worker that has a passion for making a difference?
At The Mayfield Retirement Residence we are passionate about ‘Making Every Moment Matter.” We are seeking a candidate that shares our values - a person who has a passion to make a difference, who has a strong moral compass and has a commitment to teamwork.
At The Mayfield Retirement Residence, we are passionate about providing compassionate care for families loved ones, where the residents of our home come before anything else. Our values at The Teddington follow a ‘People’ focused Philosophy, Participation Excellence Openness Performance Longevity Efficient Use of Resources. This philosophy can be seen in every aspect and level of our home.
A day in the role of a Personal Support Worker at The Mayfield Retirement Residence.
As a Personal Support Worker at The Mayfield Retirement Residence, you will be given high expectations, as well as an expectation to continue personal growth and professional growth. In this position, you will be gifted with a rewarding experience every day in the form of being able to see the exact impact you place on our residents.
As a Personal Support Worker, you will be part of our nursing team, and you will report directly to the Director of Care. This position will be casual, so candidates must be available to work evenings and weekends, as well as a variety of shifts. Schedules will be provided.
This position is responsible for but not limited to:
- Providing for the basic care and needs of residents such as; ensuring resident takes in prescribed medication, provide basic grooming such as washing and combing hair & mouth care, bathing, bowel, and bladder care, positioning and movement, basic wound care,
- Performing specific interventions from individual resident care plans,
- Assisting the nursing process by observing and reporting changes in the residents’ physical and emotional condition,
- Performing related light housekeeping tasks, such as bed making, removing soiled clothing,
- Recognizing and reporting safety concerns or equipment malfunction,
- Observing, documenting and reporting any emotional or physical changes in the residents' condition,
- Continually assessing, anticipating, identifying and responding to new and changing needs of residents.
At The Mayfield Retirement Residence we take pride in our employees, so your qualifications are important to us. We use them to get to know you and see if we are a good fit for each other. The qualifications needed to join our family at The Mayfield Retirement Residence are as follows:
- A positive mindset, as well as a connection with our values,
- The graduate of Personal Support Worker program at the time of application,
- Ability to demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of nursing and health care practices as they relate to long-term care legislation,
- Must have demonstrated sound skills and knowledge of providing person-centred care in accordance with established standards, policies and procedures of the MOHLTC and the home,
- Knowledgeable of the Residents’ Bill of Rights and respects and promotes these rights,
- Effective communication skills and the demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively is essential,
- Effective customer service skills and a demonstrated commitment to working with seniors are required,
- Ability to perform tasks that are necessary for the position, for example, lifting/transferring residents,
- Ability to deal with responsive behaviour,
- Basic computer skills are a must,
- Demonstrated commitment to learning and continuous improvement,
- Must have a clear vulnerable sector screen, no older than 6 months, TB test results less than 6 months old, evidence of flu shot, must be able to provide three work references.
How to apply?
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and references. We look forward to speaking with you, and making every moment count! Send applications to :
Laura Dunnington, Director of Care Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our organization takes the accessibility needs of employees with disabilities into account during the position summary review process. Employees are required to notify their director manager/supervisor if they have any particular accessibility needs and the organization will work with the employee to address them.
For assistance with job search and application preparation, unemployed individuals are invited to register with CSE Consulting. For more information about the benefits of registering with CSE, please contact us in Kemptville at 613-258-6576 or in Prescott at 613-925-0222.