Osgoode Foodland - Job Details
Posted: Jun 11, 2020
Expires: Jul 11, 2020
The Grocery Clerk is responsible for maintaining product displays, stock levels, and the general appearance of the grocery department. Provides customer service which may include packing groceries, locating products, and answering general inquiries.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintains product displays by executing merchandising plans and plan-o-grams. Replenishes stock levels by determining product levels and re-stocking product within established guidelines, and conducting inventory counts. May participate in building store displays and stocking high shelves.
- Maintains appearance of the department and ensures compliance with government legislation (Food Safety, Health and Safety) by cleaning and/or sanitizing floors, display areas and shelves, and the back shop.
- Verifies sign placement, replaces data strip, brings buggies into the store and makes bails.
- Provides customer service by greeting customers, and responding to their needs, concerns, and inquiries.
- Maintains product inventory levels by completing and submitting order forms, and receiving warehouse orders by checking orders, unloading product from trucks, completing documentation, and storing product.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Grade 10 or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Basic knowledge of grocery products
Skills & Abilities
- Good customer service skills
- Able to communicate effectively with customers and staff
- Capable of working independently or as part of a team
- Able to work accurately in a fast-paced environment
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the job
Additional Working Requirements
- Lifting and moving weights of 5 – 20 kilograms (e.g., cases of pop, cases of canned goods, bags of dog food)
- Standing and walking for long periods of time
- Some bending and reaching while stocking grocery areas
- Using equipment including box cutters and pump jacks to move skids through the store
- Exposure to cool and cold temperatures while working in dairy or frozen food areas
Please apply in-store at the Customer Service Desk: Ask for Rick Hovencamp
For assistance with job search and application preparation, unemployed individuals are invited to register with CSE Consulting. For more information about the benefits of registering with CSE, please contact us in Kemptville at 613-258-6576 or in Prescott at 613-925-0222.