Giant Tiger Distribution Centre - Job Details
Posted: May 26, 2020
Expires: Jun 30, 2020
Giant Tiger Wholesale is looking to hire permanent Warehouse Order Pickers for our brand-new, fully automated 660,000 square foot distribution centre in Johnstown, ON! GTW can offer paid material handling equipment training on brand-new Raymond equipment, full medical/dental benefits, a store discount and 24/7 onsite gym access. We are looking for individuals who are searching for long-term career options where job advancement is encouraged! If that is you, you can look forward to a career with milestone rate increases, job growth, profit sharing and paid benefits at two years of service with GTW.
Do you want to learn more about what a career looks like at Giant Tiger? Check out this video:
Warehouse Order Picker - Job Overview
- Operate an electric pallet jack to travel through aisles and build pallets of product to ship to our stores;
- Use a Vocollect (bluetooth headset) to accurately pick product for placement on pallet;
- Consistently lift boxes and product with weight ranges of 1 - 50 pounds;
- Maintain a clean and orderly work environment
- Comply with Health & Safety standards (OSHA and WHMIS)
- Various warehouse duties and cross-training as asked
Warehouse Order Picker - Job Requirements
- Completion of High School;
- Must be willing to complete and pass a criminal record check;
- Must be capable of standing, walking and lifting heavy items for extended periods of time;
Warehouse Order Picker - Sample Job Schedules
- Days; 4 x 10 hour shifts; 6:30am – 5:00pm Friday - Monday
- Overnights; 5 x 8 hour shifts; 10:00pm - 6:30am Monday - Friday
- Afternoons; 5 x 8 hour shifts; 3:00pm - 11:30pm Sunday – Thursday
- Forklift Evenings; 4 x 10 hour shifts; 4:30pm – 3:00am, Wednesday - Saturday
Giant Tiger Wholesale - We can offer:
- Giant Tiger Store Discount!
- Full medical benefits at 3 months; GTW pays the benefits premium once employee hits 2 years of service
- 24/7 access to onsite gym; games room and full Micromarket in lunch room.
- Weekly summer barbeques and staff events all year;
- Automatic milestone wage increases at 6 months, 1 year and each year after;
- Discretionary bonus plan for employees with less than 2 years of service, Profit sharing for employees with 2+ years of service;
- Paid voluntary overtime at 44 hours;
- Committed Health & Safety Culture from day one!
Giant Tiger is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to fair and accessible employment procedures. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants and employees with disabilities.
For assistance with job search and application preparation, unemployed individuals are invited to register with CSE Consulting. For more information about the benefits of registering with CSE, please contact us in Kemptville at 613-258-6576 or in Prescott at 613-925-0222.