Giant Tiger Distribution Centre - Job Details
Posted: May 26, 2020
Expires: Jun 30, 2020
Giant Tiger Wholesale (GTW) is looking to hire part-time Order Pickers at our state-of-the-art facility in Johnstown, ON! GTW can offer permanent opportunities with a store discount, onsite gym access and career growth opportunities.
• Pick store orders focusing on accuracy;
• Pile various size boxes onto skids, ensuring neat, safe, and secure piles;
• Lift boxes with a weight range of 1 - 50 pounds;
• Operate an electric pallet truck capable of pulling 2 skids at a time. Identify picked skids with outbound license plate numbers (OLPNs) provided with the order
• Maintain a clean, neat, and orderly work area. Conduct operations in a manner which promotes safety and comply with Ontario Safety and Health Act (OSHA) and Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) standards;
• Various warehouse duties, as prescribed by the supervisor.
• Completion of High School;
• Experience as an Order Picker or a similar position;
• Must be capable of standing and walking for extended periods of time;
• Must be able to lift heavy items for extended periods of time;
• Strong attention to detail;
• Voice picking or Manhattan Warehouse Management System experience is an asset.
• Friday & Saturday weekly from 6:30am - 5:00pm
Giant Tiger is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to fair and accessible employment procedures. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants and employees with disabilities.
For assistance with job search and application preparation, unemployed individuals are invited to register with CSE Consulting. For more information about the benefits of registering with CSE, please contact us in Kemptville at 613-258-6576 or in Prescott at 613-925-0222.