INVISTA - Job Details
Posted: Mar 09, 2020
Expires: Apr 04, 2020
INVISTA: Innovation you can count on.
At INVISTA, we are continually looking for motivated and talented people who will help us meet the challenge of providing excellent customer support, pursuing continuous innovation and creating long-term value for customers and society. INVISTA is an independently managed but wholly-owned subsidiary of Koch Industries, Inc.
INVISTA’s Maitland site produces DYTEK®A amine, a chemical intermediate used globally in products such as polyamide plastics, fibers, adhesives, curing agents, polyurethanes, vitamins, pharmaceuticals and epoxy resins. Maitland Site also operates Cogeneration Units, a Hydrogen Plant and Utilities operation.
INVISTA’s Maitland Site currently has an opening for a Summer Student from May 2020 to August 2020. This temporary summer employment opportunity is available in the Transportation Area. Work assigned requires problem-solving skills and physical capability to perform the physical aspects of the role (lifting, bending, standing, pushing/pulling etc.)
General Responsibilities Include:
• Grounds maintenance (equipment operation, grass cutting, site clean-up)
• Drum filling and handling
• Other general labour duties
To be eligible you must:
• Currently attend university or college in a full-year, full-time program (September to April)
• Be 18 years of age or older at the time of hiring
• Have a satisfactory work record during any previous employment with the Company
• Demonstrate an availability to work the entire period of time as required – early May to the last Saturday before the Labour Day weekend (subject to work availability)
• Be available to work shift work if required
• Be available for a telephone interview if contacted for further screening
• Supply a current resume
Students will be considered for summer employment based on qualifications, previous experience, and suitability for potential future employment opportunities, considering the following criteria:
• University or College students with previous Maitland Site experience and satisfactory performance
• Students enrolled in an operations discipline (e.g. chemistry, engineering, skilled trades, physical sciences, or related fields) with a career direction toward the chemical or manufacturing industry
• University or College students with relevant experience in a team-based work environment
How to apply
Interested applicants should submit a detailed resume and cover letter to www.invistacareers.com
Successful candidates will be required to complete a criminal background check.
We thank all applicants in advance but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer. If you require accommodation or assistance at any time during the application or selection processes, please submit a request by following the directions located at the bottom of the kochcareers.com webpage.
From the fibers in your carpet to the plastic in your automobiles, INVISTA’s commitment to continuous improvement has led its employees to develop some of the most durable, versatile polymers and fibers in the world. A subsidiary of Koch Industries since 2004, INVISTA brings to market the proprietary ingredients for nylon 6,6 and recognized brands including STAINMASTER®, CORDURA® and ANTRON®. INVISTA also offers specialty chemical intermediates and process technologies. See the bigger picture at INVISTA.com.
As a member of the INVISTA team, you will also be part of Koch Industries, Inc.'s affiliates, one of the largest privately-held companies in the world. Koch companies have a presence in nearly 60 countries and employ about 120,000 people. For more information on INVISTA, please visit www.INVISTA.com.
For assistance with job search and application preparation, unemployed individuals are invited to register with CSE Consulting. For more information about the benefits of registering with CSE, please contact us in Kemptville at 613-258-6576 or in Prescott at 613-925-0222.