United Counties of Leeds and Grenville - Job Details
Posted: Mar 05, 2020
Expires: Mar 31, 2020
Start Date: May 11, 2020
Hours: 35 hrs per week
Reporting directly to the Economic Development Manager and accountable to the Tourism Representative Supervisor, the Tourism Representative – Summer Student will provide visitor services for the region of Leeds Grenville. The primary responsibility is to showcase all of Leeds Grenville to visitors stopping at the Highway 401 ON Route Centres at Mallorytown – east and west to increase visitor spending and length of stay. The incumbent is a self-motivated individual, who is confident and enjoys communicating with individuals and groups with ease.
- Meet the eligibility criteria established by the Canada Summer Jobs Program including; being between the age of 15 and 30 years of age plus registered as a full-time student in the previous academic year.
- Experience in a customer service environment with a background in using web technology, marketing and communications would be considered a valuable asset.
- Experience with sales and public relations is an asset.
- Computer software knowledge and experience in Microsoft Office.
- Self-motivated and self-sufficient. Be able to work independently (with minimal supervision) and within a team delivered organizational model.
- Flexibility to work any day per week between 8:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Must be willing to travel to the Mallorytown Service Centres located on Highway 401.
- A valid and current driver’s license and use of a vehicle are required.
- Additional languages are considered an asset.
- Provide exceptional customer service using the Leeds Grenville Customer Service Standard that will achieve increased visitor satisfaction and spending:
- ENGAGE – Engage visitors in a natural conversation about their interests
- LISTEN – Listen to the visitor and understand their requests
- RESPOND – Respond promptly to requests and acknowledge their interests through sharing of outstanding tourism product and area knowledge to ensure the visitor leaves empowered with additional information to experience opportunities in the region
- Develop visitor itineraries that will enhance the visitor’s stay. Provide directions and reservation assistance.
- Respond to visitor online enquiries.
- Set-up / take-down of tourism displays and information according to premise requirements.
- Develop and maintain extensive knowledge on the region including but not limited to: attractions, accommodations, restaurants, places to shop, festivals and events, parks, various cycling, paddling and driving routes.
- Maintain and report tourism statistics and trends including but not limited to; visitor traffic, business and event referrals.
- Attend meetings as part of the Leeds Grenville Economic Development team.
- Conduct research through various resources including electronically, hardcopy and individually.
- Ensuring a high level of respect for confidentiality for both the organization as a whole and staff as per the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA).
- Other related assigned duties, as requested and required.
Page 3 of 3 COMPETITION: ADM-20-018, Tourism Representative – Summer Student POSTING DATE: Wednesday, March 3, 2020 (4:00 p.m.) CLOSING DATE: Tuesday, March 31, 2020 (4:00 p.m.) or Open until Filled
The foregoing Job Description reflects the general duties necessary to describe the principal functions of the job identified, and shall not be construed to be all of the work requirements that may be inherent in this classification.
Applications should be marked “Competition # ADM-20-018, Tourism Representative’ and submitted online to: https://careers.leedsgrenville.com. This position will remain open until filled.
The United Counties of Leeds and Grenville is committed to providing a recruitment and selection process that is both inclusive and free from barriers. Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available upon request, and will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
Applicants are required, in advance, to make any accommodation request known to Human Resources by contacting the department at 1-800-770-2170 extension 2308 or TTY 1-800-539-8685. Human Resources will strive to provide reasonable and appropriate accommodation for all applicants, during the recruitment and selection process, which will ensure the process is conducted in a fair and equitable manner.
We thank all applicants for applying, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicant information is collected under the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, will only be used for this purpose and will be retained for a maximum twelve month period.
For assistance with job search and application preparation, unemployed individuals are invited to register with CSE Consulting. For more information about the benefits of registering with CSE, please contact us in Kemptville at 613-258-6576 or in Prescott at 613-925-0222.