Next Polymers - Job Details
Posted: Feb 25, 2020
Expires: Mar 31, 2020
Main Roles and Responsibilities of Position:
- Manually weigh the required raw material additives for 14 different formulations
- Follow proper mixing procedures to mix the required additives with the required amount of PVC resin, for each formulation
- Be able to change the weight settings for the PVC resin scale
- Be able to dismantle both heating and cooling mixers for cleaning
- Know how to adjust the stabilizer settings for both clear and blue systems
- Know how to weigh up blue pigment and mix it with the blue stabilizer in the designated drum
- Know how to set up and unload a resin railcar
- Know how to change a tin stabilizer tote tank (following the H&S procedures)
- Know how to estimate silo levels
- Know how to calculate the amount of material needed to produce an order
- Filling out all the required paperwork, MZE’s, and lab sheets
- Keeping the entire mixing department clean
Important Individual Tasks:
- Complete any routine preventative maintenance tasks per the plant maintenance program. Any problems with equipment, beyond the expertise of the operator, should be reported immediately to the supervisor.
- At shift change either departing or arriving, the operator must check the lines and documentation to ensure that everything is in satisfactory order and that all relevant information is exchanged. This is a joint effort that should be facilitated by the Shift Supervisors.
- Use all Personal Protection Equipment and follow required Health, Safety and Environmental procedures.
- Take responsible precautions for the safety of those in your area.
- Be able to lift a minimum of 30 kgs.
- Operator must keep their assigned equipment and surrounding area clean.
Education and/or Experience Required:
- Techinal and mechinal skills
- Math skills required
- Must be flexible an adaptable team player
- Independance, ability to work without close supervision
- Be able to preform under pressure
- Must be able to communicate clearly
For assistance with job search and application preparation, unemployed individuals are invited to register with CSE Consulting. For more information about the benefits of registering with CSE, please contact us in Kemptville at 613-258-6576 or in Prescott at 613-925-0222.