ASL Agrodrain - Job Details
Posted: Feb 07, 2020
Expires: Mar 07, 2020
ASL Agrodrain Limited is hiring a Heavy Equipment Field Mechanic.
ASL is a well-established multi-service construction company working in civil construction performing earthworks, site preparation, landscaping, drainage and specialty projects. We are committed to providing an environment that supports professional growth, advancement, and development.
We are looking for a motivated and knowledgeable mechanic to join our team diagnosing and repairing late model heavy equipment. This position is shop based in Ottawa on a full-time basis from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. with competitive wage based on experience. Our shop is located near Osgoode.
Major responsibilities but not limited to the following:
- Maintenance and repair of mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and diesel systems on a variety of equipment, as well as minor welding repairs
- Performing diagnostic testing to identify the malfunction as well as post-repair testing to ensure it was successful • Preparation of accurate written repair order sheets and reports • Interpretation of service manuals, schematics, lube charts, repair orders, etc.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Post-Secondary Education and a Technician License (421A or 310T)
- 5+ years’ relevant experience in this position
- Caterpillar and John Deere experience would be an asset
- Highly safety conscious and a strong technical background with high attention to detail
- Self-motivated and organized with the ability to meet repair deadlines in a fast-paced demanding environment
- High initiative, integrity and ability to function effectively as a team player • Knowledge of heavy equipment maintenance software along with basic computer skills would be an asset
- A valid Ontario Driver’s Licence (A or DZ) with a clean Driver’s Abstract
We offer competitive compensation with pension, health, and dental benefits.
Please apply by submitting a resume and cover letter to email@example.com
All application will be accepted in confidence. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
ASL respects employment equity and values diversity and inclusion. If you require access accommodations during this process, please include the details with your email we will work with you to make sure your needs are met.
For more information, please visit our website at www.aslcontractors.com
For assistance with job search and application preparation, unemployed individuals are invited to register with CSE Consulting. For more information about the benefits of registering with CSE, please contact us in Kemptville at 613-258-6576 or in Prescott at 613-925-0222.