Giant Tiger Distribution Centre - Job Details
Posted: Jan 30, 2020
Expires: Feb 29, 2020
About this Opportunity:
Recognized as an Employer of Choice in the National Capital Region, Giant Tiger’s Home Office provides a dynamic work environment with many opportunities for a fulfilling career. We are a Canadian owned and operated retailer (and proud of it!), with a strong commitment to the community, and over 50 years of success. If you are looking for a challenging and stimulating career, Giant Tiger may be right for you. We believe in opportunities for growth & development, teamwork, and engagement.
Reporting to the Associate-Vice President of Loss Prevention, the Supply Chain Loss Prevention Manager will partner with Warehouse Management, Store Operations and Store Owner/Managers to review and enhance facility and logistics policies and procedures to ensure profit protection is realized in both the supply chain and at store level.
• Manage, direct and supervise warehouse cameras, access control, alarms, Loss Prevention Offices, Gatehouse.
• Establish consistent programs to secure cargo integrity & hold carriers accountable for goods in transit from GTW to stores.
• Work with GTW, Tiger Trucking and the stores to establish Best Practices for inventory handling from warehouse facilities to store level.
• Evaluate and implement security enhancement to reduce areas of exposure at 3rd party facilities.
• Establish processes involved in storage and shipment of designated High Risk products.
• Conduct investigations to protect the GT Brand and profitability.
• Work closely with Insurance on any GTW claims.
• Work with GTW, identifying opportunities and Best Practices to reduce shrink exposure.
• Oversee, analyze short/over claims and develop Best Practices to limit store level claims.
• Analyze key financial data to identify loss reduction opportunities and participate in development and follow up of actions plans.
• Maintain records and statistical reports on all loss prevention activities in the distribution facilities and trucking fleet.
• Direct the operations of the Loss Prevention Team to achieve all financial goals and objectives.
• Develop and maintain a productive team by creating programs for hiring, training and professional development.
• Network with other retailers, vendors and law enforcement to stay current on Best Practices, new technology and industry trends.
• College/University or equivalent experience.
• Minimum of 5 years managerial experience in a warehousing/distribution centre; including budgeting, tasking and supervising a team of 15 or more.
• Demonstrated planning skills in order to meet daily business needs, efficient warehouse space utilization, and cost control.
• Excellent communications and interpersonal skills.
• Self-motivated, able to work with little supervision, and the proven ability to motivate others.
• Strong computer skills with Outlook and MS Office, Excel skills should be intermediate to advanced.
• The ability to develop others (i.e. associates to Team Leaders, Team Leaders to Supervisors).
• Well versed in the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
• Previous experience with a Manhattan WMS; including voice picking and RF technologies an asset.
• Valid Ontario Private Investigator and/or Security license is an asset.
• Bilingual (English/ French) an asset.
Giant Tiger is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to fair and accessible employment procedures. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants and employees with disabilities.
For assistance with job search and application preparation, unemployed individuals are invited to register with CSE Consulting. For more information about the benefits of registering with CSE, please contact us in Kemptville at 613-258-6576 or in Prescott at 613-925-0222.