Giant Tiger Distribution Centre - Job Details
Posted: Jan 28, 2020
Expires: Feb 29, 2020
Fleet Maintenance Supervisor
Giant Tiger Wholesale (GTW) is looking to hire a Fleet Maintenance Supervisor for our state-of-the-art facility in Johnstown, ON! GTW can offer a permanent opportunity with full medical/dental benefits, a store discount, onsite gym access and career growth opportunities.
Reporting to the Transportation Manager, the Fleet Maintenance Supervisor's primary responsibilities are to ensure the safe and efficient supervision of all activities related to the maintenance of Giant Tiger's private fleet, in accordance with provincial and federal regulations, the requirements of the internal customers, the operating budget and requests issued by managers. The Fleet Maintenance Supervisor is also responsible for cost management and subcontractors, as well as promoting Giant Tiger’s quality and safety objectives while optimizing the equipment repair process and increasing equipment availability.
Giant Tiger is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to fair and accessible employment procedures. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants and employees with disabilities.
- Establish regional maintenance strategies based on short-, medium- and long-term objectives, based on priorities, budget, regulations, policies and standards, etc.
- Analyzing results against objectives, measuring gaps and implementing effective corrective measures in terms of processes, procedures, equipment and manpower.
- Will work closely with the Manager of Fleet Safety + Compliance, to improve the processes and activities of the department.
- Oversee coordination of equipment repairs and ensure timely and effective records are kept for all fleet assets. Develop, maintain and implement all Tiger Trucking Maintenance policies and communicate maintenance requirements to ensure maximum efficiency of maintenance lease agreements.
- Identify problems before they happen with telematics and proactive inspections
- Coordinate equipment utilization and performance with various transport operations groups (Regional Hubs).
- Provide after-hours support.
- Develop and maintain good relationships with vendors and leasing companies.
- Analyze maintenance costs and/or repairs and provide expert recommendations.
- Manage and report on operational performance of the fleet, such as life-cycle management, cost per mile, and major component costs.
- Provide fleet data and reports to the AVP of Transportation.
- Interpret system data and reports enabling consistency, improvement and the execution of preventative fleet maintenance.
- Assist in the development of a capital equipment maintenance budget.
- Troubleshoot and maintain various fleet system related to driver/vehicle activities, i.e.- eLogs, DriveWyze.
- Participate as needed in other activities that support the Maintenance department and overall company objectives and goals.
- Requires the skill to persuade, influence, and/or negotiate with others on a regular basis.
- Modifies existing processes in order to resolve issues. Updating existing work methods.
- Responsible for planning, monitoring and managing budget for a functional area of a department.
- Domestic travel, as required.
- High School, some College, Technical Training or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years’ experience in Trucking / Heavy Duty Fleet Operations or Maintenance.
- At least 2 years in a supervisor’s position.
- Provincial & Federal transportation regulations.
- Strong communication and attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively use Office applications, cloud based software, multitask.
- Bilingual, AZ or Class 1 License - would be a strong asset but not required.
For assistance with job search and application preparation, unemployed individuals are invited to register with CSE Consulting. For more information about the benefits of registering with CSE, please contact us in Kemptville at 613-258-6576 or in Prescott at 613-925-0222.