HFI Pyrotechnics Inc. - Job Details
Posted: Nov 20, 2019
Expires: Dec 13, 2019
Short Description: Looking for an HR Generalist who has experience in HR, Health & Safety and Payroll
We are a small expanding manufacturing business in Eastern Ontario looking for a HR Generalist with a strong background in Occupational Health and Safety. Reporting to the Director of Finance you will play a key role in implementing a HR plan to support the company during a period of rapid expansion. You will be responsible for developing policies for employee recruitment, engagement, and retention as well as administering payroll, and the compensation and benefits program. You will also be responsible for ensuring compliance with all regulatory requirements. This role will be instrumental in promoting a positive company culture and employee engagement strategy. You must be passionate about the development and coordination of an active plant health and safety program. You will be responsible for coaching and training employees in all HR and health and safety initiatives.
- What’s in it for you as an employee?
- This is a permanent position
- Growth within the organization
- Great training opportunities, you get to “wear many hats” and diversify your experience.
- Competitive Compensation
- Great Benefits, Pension, Life Insurance
- Safety-focused company
- Great training opportunities
- You would be a part of the HFI family. We are a mid-sized organization but really try to maintain a sense of family as a culture.
- Casual environment
Why HFI Pyrotechnics?
HFI Pyrotechnics Inc. is a privately-owned Canadian company located near Prescott, Ontario, which manufactures a range of military and consumer non-lethal pyrotechnic devices and maintains a culture of continuous improvement throughout its organization.
Our team is a little different from many manufacturing organizations. We are hardworking but try to have fun while we strive to fulfill our orders to our customers. Although we are growing, we are trying to maintain that sense of family within our organization. You will need to be flexible and able to switch priorities frequently.
What you would be doing:
- Ensure up-to-date employee manuals, policies and procedures
- Foster a safe and healthy work environment through personal accountability and teamwork
- Input and process payroll according to the hourly and payroll schedules.
- Administer and report on Pension, Benefits, and WSIB requirements.
- Maintain corporate health and safety policies and ensure compliance with Ministry of Health and Labour and Safety Regulations.
- Work with the Health and Safety Committee to ensure compliance and employee engagement
- Develop an employee communication program to encourage employee participation in workplace
- Audit and inspect workplace health and safety activities for compliance
- Provide accident and incident reports
- Support progression of talent and recruitment
- Stay current and recommend new HR policies and programs as they develop
- Mediate workplace disputes
- Work with statistics and data management to present new program initiatives
- Assist with return to work process
Degree or Diploma with an emphasis in Human Resources or Health and Safety
CHRP/CHRL/ CRST/CRSP/ Another Safety designation considered an asset ADP. Workforcenow experience considered an asset Experience in a manufacturing facility an asset. Ability to work in a growth environment, Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
HFI welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If you’re interested, send us some information that helps us understand how you are the right fit for this role and for our team. Please send a cover letter and resume
For assistance with job search and application preparation, unemployed individuals are invited to register with CSE Consulting. For more information about the benefits of registering with CSE, please contact us in Kemptville at 613-258-6576 or in Prescott at 613-925-0222.