Torrey & Company - Job Details
Posted: Nov 19, 2019
Expires: Dec 19, 2019
Legal Assistant (6-month contract)
Do you take pride in your work? Do you love working in the legal field? Are you an experienced Legal Assistant or ILCO-certified Law Clerk? Are you familiar with PC Law? Do you have great organizational and communication skills? If this sounds like you, we would love to learn more about you!
Torrey & Co is currently helping a law firm in the Brockville area to hire a Full-time Legal Assistant on a 6-month contract basis with the potential to move to Permanent full-time.
What’s in it for you as an employee?
- Working for a small but busy law firm
- Friendly, collaborative and professional environment
- Be a part of a small close-knit team
- Ongoing commitment to on-the-job professional development and training
Why this company?
By providing a wide range of legal services for families, individuals and businesses, this law firm is a key player in our community. They rely on the expertise of their staff to assist their clients with their individual needs for legal representation and advice. They strive to ensure that each client receives close personal attention, with the professionalism that clients expect. They are committed to investing time and resources into Continuing Professional Development to keep them on the cutting edge of their areas of practice.
- Provide full clerical and administrative support to meet the needs of the firm and its clients
- Assists with corporate, wills, estates, family law and real estate legal services
- Work closely with clients and third parties to meet the clients’ needs
- Research, draft and proofread correspondence and documents
- Assist with creating process standards and office policies to maximize efficiency and continually improve quality service to clients
- Other tasks as required
- Graduate of a Legal Administrative Assistant program and/or holder of Institute of Law Clerks of Ontario certification as a Law Clerk
- 5+ years legal administrative experience
- Experience and proficiency with PCLaw essential
- Great written and oral communication skills
- Detail-oriented and ability to multitask
- Strong data entry skills with high level of accuracy
- Tight deadline-management skills
- Great computer skills (MS Office Suite)
- Ability to work in a team
- Motivation, ambition and autonomy
- Flexibility and fast adaptation
- Must be bondable, criminal record check required if hired
- Must be committed to strict confidentiality for all office matters
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If you are interested, send us some information that helps us understand how you are the right fit for this role and for our team.
Please send a cover letter, salary expectations and resume firstname.lastname@example.org
For assistance with job search and application preparation, unemployed individuals are invited to register with CSE Consulting. For more information about the benefits of registering with CSE, please contact us in Kemptville at 613-258-6576 or in Prescott at 613-925-0222.