Skinner & Van Mierlo CPA - Job Details
Posted: Nov 19, 2019
Expires: Dec 19, 2019
Accounting Technician/Office Administrator
Do you take pride in your work? Do you love working with numbers? Do you have a minimum 2 years of Bookkeeping experience? Are you familiar with QuickBooks, Sage, Excel and other accounting software? Do you have great organizational skills and communication skills? Do you get joy out of helping and working with others? If this sounds like you, we would love to learn more about you!
We are a small, growing accounting firm, located in downtown Brockville.
We are looking for an Accounting Technician/ Office Administrator to join our team.
What’s in it for you as an employee?
- This is a permanent position
- Flexible schedule
- Growth within the organization
- Great training opportunities
- Being a part of a small close-knit team
- As we are a small company there is the potential to “wear many hats” and diversify your experience.
- Casual environment- we are not your traditional accounting office
Why Skinner & Van Mierlo CPA?
Skinner & Van Mierlo CPA is a small accounting firm committed to helping grow our community through supporting our local small to medium-sized businesses and their employees with all their accounting needs. We rely on the experience and training of our staff to help our clients succeed in their businesses. We strive to provide close personal attention to our clients. We provide that comforting small-town feel with the experience of big city accounting firms. Our continual investment in time and resources into professional development keep us on the leading edge of our field.
Accounting Technician Tasks
- Perform bookkeeping activities for clients,
- Administer and process client payrolls,
- Reconcile client accounts
Year End and Tax Preparation for clients.
Office Administrator Tasks
- Reception duties including answering phones, welcoming clients and ordering office supplies.
- Prepare and process invoices and reports and follow up on collecting payments.
- Work closely with the team to help manage schedules.
- Other tasks as required.
- Minimum of 2 years bookkeeping experience
- Great communication skills
- Detail-oriented and ability to multitask
- Strong data entry with high level of accuracy
- Tight deadlines management skills
- Great computer skills (MS Office Suite)
- Ability to work in a team
- Motivation, ambition and autonomy
- Flexibility and fast adaptation
Skinner & Van Mierlo CPA welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If you’re interested, send us some information that helps us understand how you are the right fit for this role and for our team.
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
For assistance with job search and application preparation, unemployed individuals are invited to register with CSE Consulting. For more information about the benefits of registering with CSE, please contact us in Kemptville at 613-258-6576 or in Prescott at 613-925-0222.