Osgoode Foodland - Job Details
Posted: Nov 14, 2019
Expires: Dec 14, 2019
The Meat Cutter is responsible for preparing meat products for customer purchase and maintaining displays following company meat standards and Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) regulations.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepares meat products for display by performing duties such as cutting and trimming, grinding, wrapping, and tying roasts according to standards.
- Maintains displays by checking and determining which products are required by maintaining the production list, rotating product, scanning and recording waste, product reductions and discarding expired product.
- Assists with maintaining product inventory by reviewing product, calculating required inventory, and ordering when Meat Manager is absent.
- Assists Meat Manager with verifying meat orders received, by reviewing invoices, verifying weight, quantity, quality code dates and costs, and placing into storage.
- Ensures compliance with government legislation and company standards including food safety by cleaning and disinfecting all areas as required such as butcher area sinks, counters, and equipment following all sanitation schedules and food safety logs.
- Ensures the equipment is in a good safe working order by reporting any unsafe equipment or conditions, guards, lockouts etc.
- Provides customer service by greeting them, providing products as requested, and responding to their needs, concerns, and inquiries.
- May weigh, wrap and price meat products as well as fill displays, if required.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- High School diploma plus 1 – 2 years experience in meat preparation or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Knowledge of Food Safety and Health & Safety legislation, policies and practices
Skills & Abilities
- Good customer service skills
- Able to communicate effectively with customers and staff
- Capable of working independently or as part of a team
- Able to work accurately in a fast-paced environment
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the job
Other Job Requirements
- Lifting and moving weights of 5 – 20 kilograms (e.g., large cuts of meat)
- Standing for long periods of time while cutting meat products to specification
- Some bending and reaching while in cutting room
- Using tools including band saws and different knives for cutting
- Exposure to cool or cold temperatures while retrieving and placing product into displays
- Exposure to seasonal heat and cold and dust while working in receiving area
- Exposure to chemicals used for cleaning and disinfecting cutting and general work areas
Resumes can be forwarded to: Rick Hovencamp Rick.firstname.lastname@example.org
For assistance with job search and application preparation, unemployed individuals are invited to register with CSE Consulting. For more information about the benefits of registering with CSE, please contact us in Kemptville at 613-258-6576 or in Prescott at 613-925-0222.