Osgoode Foodland - Job Details
Posted: Nov 14, 2019
Expires: Dec 14, 2019
The LCBO Manager is responsible for the overall operation of the department including sales, profitability, productivity and general appearance. This includes maintaining stock and merchandising of displays. He/she manages department employees, deals with customers and with sales representatives from various companies.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintains appearance and cleanliness of the LCBO store and removing un-wanted/misplaced items left by customers and returning them to the appropriate shelf.
- Manages department staff by hiring, providing work direction, reviewing performance and providing feedback, implementing training and development programs, developing succession planning, conducting disciplinary procedures, and by scheduling.
- Performs administrative duties such as signing time statements for payroll, reviewing budgets, developing work schedules according to budgeted wage costs, and producing sales, purchase and manager’s reports.
- Manages product inventory levels by conducting inventory, and preparing and submitting orders. Receives orders by signing paperwork, checking for discrepancies, unloading boxes from carts and unpacking, and storing product.
- Ensures customer service standards by managing product quality, maintaining department appearance, greeting customer, and responding to their needs, concerns, inquiries, as well as resolving issues/complaints.
- Maintains appearance of the department and ensures compliance with government legislation (Food Safety and Health and Safety) by following safe handling procedures and department audits.
- Maintains cleanliness of the department by cleaning preparation and display areas, cleaning equipment, and organizing the back shop.
- Provides customer service by greeting customers, processing purchases by scanning/entering price into cash register, obtaining and processing payment transactions. Maintains cash drawer by securing and controlling money levels in cash tray and replenishing cash.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Grade 12 or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Smart Serve Certification
Skills & Abilities
- Good customer service skills
- Able to communicate effectively with customers and staff
- Able to perform basic mathematical calculations
- Capable of working independently or as part of a team
- Able to work accurately in a fast-paced environment
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the job
Other Job Requirments
- Lifting and moving weights of 5 – 20 kilograms
- Standing for long periods of time while at the cash
- Reaching and lifting of grocery items while scanning items
- Exposure to heat, cold and dust due to work location near store entrance/exits
Resumes can be forwarded to: Rick Hovencamp Rick.email@example.com
For assistance with job search and application preparation, unemployed individuals are invited to register with CSE Consulting. For more information about the benefits of registering with CSE, please contact us in Kemptville at 613-258-6576 or in Prescott at 613-925-0222.