Osgoode Foodland - Job Details
Posted: Nov 14, 2019
Expires: Dec 14, 2019
The Produce Clerk is responsible for ensuring the produce display areas are kept stocked with fresh items and providing service to customers. The produce department includes the produce, plants, accessories, and bulk foods.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintains produce displays by setting up and taking down displays which includes moving product to and from cool storage, discarding damaged items, and identifying stock requiring replenishment. Also processes produce shrink. May maintain bulk food displays.
- Prepares product for display by sorting, washing/trimming, cutting, and wrapping produce as per Company standards. Prepares fruit baskets. May maintain floral displays by placing fresh cut flowers and their display rack in the designated area of the store and re-stocking as required.
- Maintains product inventory by checking stock levels, and preparing and processing orders. Receives produce orders checking invoices, unloading boxes from carts and unpacking, and storing product.
- Serves customers by greeting them, answering questions, cutting and wrapping produce, ordering special items, assisting with finding items, and by responding to concerns.
- Assists with administrative duties including preparing in-store transfers, maintaining logs, maintaining pricing, conducting produce case temperature checks, and conducting inventory.
- Maintains appearance of the department and ensures compliance with government legislation (e.g., Food Safety, Health and Safety) by cleaning and/or sanitizing floors, display areas and shelves, and the back shop.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Grade 10 or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Basic knowledge of produce
Skills & Abilities
- Good customer service skills
- Able to communicate effectively with customers and staff
- Capable of working independently or as part of a team
- Able to work accurately in a fast-paced environment
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the job
Other Job Requirements
- Lifting weights of 5 – 20 kilograms (e.g., large bags of potatoes or onions, boxes of bananas, apples)
- Standing for long periods of time while trimming and displaying product
- Some reaching to display and cull products (e.g., large displays of fruits and vegetables)
- Some bending to clean surrounding floor area of debris
- Using equipment including knives for trimming product
- Exposure to chemicals used for cleaning utensils and work areas
- Exposure to seasonal heat and cold and dust while working in receiving area
Resumes can be forwarded to: Rick Hovencamp Rick.email@example.com
For assistance with job search and application preparation, unemployed individuals are invited to register with CSE Consulting. For more information about the benefits of registering with CSE, please contact us in Kemptville at 613-258-6576 or in Prescott at 613-925-0222.