Osgoode Foodland - Job Details
Posted: Nov 14, 2019
Expires: Dec 14, 2019
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintains self-service and display counters by performing duties including slicing and wrapping deli items, making sandwiches and salads, preparing and cooking items.
- Serves customers by greeting them, filling requests for products which includes slicing, weighing, wrapping and pricing deli items, processing orders for party trays, and by responding to their needs, concerns, and inquiries.
- Maintains product inventory by checking stock levels, and preparing and processing orders. Receives deli orders by signing paperwork, logging entries into receiving book, checking for discrepancies, unloading boxes from carts and unpacking, and storing product.
- Ensures compliance with government legislation and company standards for food safety and health and safety by maintaining cleanliness and sanitation which includes cleaning and disinfecting deli preparation areas and equipment such as utensils, machinery, refrigerator/freezer, display cases, ovens, coffee urns, and floors.
- Assists with administrative duties including maintaining logs, maintaining pricing, recording invoices, conducting inventory, and completing food safety audits.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Grade 10 or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Basic knowledge of deli products
Skills & Abilities
- Good customer service skills
- Able to communicate effectively with customers and staff
- Capable of working independently or as part of a team
- Able to work accurately in a fast-paced environment
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the job
Other Job Requirements
- Lifting and moving weights of 5 – 20 kilograms (e.g., cases of deli meats and cheeses)
- Standing for long periods of time while preparing product or serving customers
- Some bending into display cases / coolers
- Some reaching and lifting of deli items out of display coolers / cases (e.g., meats, cheeses)
- Exposure to cool temperatures while working around deli coolers and refrigerators
- Exposure to chemicals used for cleaning surfaces including display cases, coolers, slicer, counters
Resumes can be forwarded to: Rick Hovencamp Rick.email@example.com
For assistance with job search and application preparation, unemployed individuals are invited to register with CSE Consulting. For more information about the benefits of registering with CSE, please contact us in Kemptville at 613-258-6576 or in Prescott at 613-925-0222.