Catered Affairs - Job Details
Posted: Oct 22, 2019
Expires: Nov 30, 2019
Catered Affairs/Heritage Hall Employment Opportunity
Catered Affairs is seeking an experienced sous chef, starting immediately. We are looking for an
enthusiastic and eager candidate, who takes directions well and isn't shy of asking questions. Must be
self-motivated and capable of managing a large kitchen producing large a yield of creative product and
working with a team of between 2 and 5 cooks.
● Work as part of Catering Team; providing a high level of production and service to customers
● Prepare and cook complete meals for groups of varying sizes (i.e. corporate gatherings and
● Oversee kitchen operations; maintain inventory and records of food, supplies and equipment
● Plan, meal productions and oversee presentation to customers
● Provide guidance to staff; communication and teamwork skills imperative
● Flexible in availability; we are a year-round, seasonally-focused business (i.e.working
evenings and weekends in the summer months)
● Work both in our industrial kitchen and kitchens at various venues
● Experience preparing meals for large groups. Food costing/portioning is imperative
● Rational decision-maker who takes initiative for the betterment of the client
● Takes direction and gives instructions well
● Able to lift up to 50lbs (23kg)
● Evening and Weekend shifts required
● Must have valid driver's license in good standing with the government of Ontario
● Police check required
● Ability to create innovative menus that are appealing to the nature of our market
● Knowledge of various international cuisines
Wage will be commensurate with skills and experience.
About Catered Affairs:
Contemporary Gourmet Food and Service Beyond Reproach
Located in Kemptville, Ontario, we service business lunches and dinners, holiday parties, weddings,
cocktail parties and special events, from 20 to 1000 guests, offering traditional buffets, plated meals, or
stand-up cocktail receptions in the North Grenville and Greater Ottawa area.
Resumes can be forwarded to: Natalie Castellas email@example.com
For assistance with job search and application preparation, unemployed individuals are invited to register with CSE Consulting. For more information about the benefits of registering with CSE, please contact us in Kemptville at 613-258-6576 or in Prescott at 613-925-0222.