Newgate 180 Addiction Solution - Job Details
Posted: Oct 21, 2019
Expires: Nov 30, 2019
Job Posting – Cook – Temporary Part-Time – 20-30 hrs/week
LOCATED IN MERRICKVILLE, On
POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY:
Newgate 180 is seeking Cook for a temporary part-time position to work with both men and women. Oversee daily kitchen and meal planning for all residents under the supervision of management.
Dinner preparation and serving according to assigned menu
Lunch (for next day) & weekend meal preparation and/or instructions for night staff for next day lunch preparation ie; meals that can be warmed up via crock pot/oven
Preparing meals to be frozen (in small portions)
Inventory – Organize, order and shop for food supplies within set budget according to number of clients
Keeping the dining room clean, neat, attractive and inviting. Setting tables.
Maintains order and cleanliness of work, storage and dining areas
Menu preparation as per ‘Canada’s food guide’ and in consultation with dietitian
Grocery shopping on set days as decided with management.
Other tasks as needed or time permits
- Cooking skills with the ability to cook for large groups
- Knowledge of foods and nutrition
- Work with special diets under the direction of Management
- Ability to cook for a varying number of people
- Time management
- Planning and organization skills
- Knowledge of sanitary and safety procedures (food-safety handler’s certificate)
- Great customer service
- Min 1 yr related work experience
- Food Handler Certification
- MAY NEED TO WORK SOME WEEKENDS (11 am-5:30 pm)
· $16.51 – 17.55 / hour
Please forward your C.V. to:
Peter Kunst, Executive Director
Email or fax: 613-269-2677
Applicants will be contacted only if interview granted
For assistance with job search and application preparation, unemployed individuals are invited to register with CSE Consulting. For more information about the benefits of registering with CSE, please contact us in Kemptville at 613-258-6576 or in Prescott at 613-925-0222.