Fulford Academy - Job Details
Posted: Oct 21, 2019
Expires: Nov 21, 2019
Date: October 2019
Title: Kitchen Assistant
Reports to: Facilities Manager
Provides food preparation and kitchen cleaning services for the Academy.
Duties and Tasks
- Cooks and prepares meals.
- Serves and directs the serving of food to students and staff.
- Washes dishes, eating utensils, and food preparation equipment.
- Cleans kitchen and dining areas.
- Maintains kitchen equipment (e.g. sharpens knives, blades, and performs user-service on machines).
- Unloads and stores food, kitchen equipment, and supplies.
- Operates the dishwasher and other kitchen machinery.
- Assists with miscellaneous kitchen duties.
- Additional related duties may be assigned.
Secondary school diploma.
2 years of experience in a professional kitchen/food service environment.
- Food preparation and handling, health as related to food preparation, sanitation, personal hygiene, and interpersonal relations.
- Must be detail-oriented and work with close attention and care for the distribution of safe food products.
- Good interpersonal skills with children.
- Candidate must have a clear Vulnerable Persons Criminal Record Check.
For assistance with job search and application preparation, unemployed individuals are invited to register with CSE Consulting. For more information about the benefits of registering with CSE, please contact us in Kemptville at 613-258-6576 or in Prescott at 613-925-0222.